Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

rarebit
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jun 2015, 8:01 pm

If responses are given to advice that lead to further isolation and disengagement of existing support networks then does it also increase the likelihood of mass murders, other violent crimes or even just simple reclusion / isolation.

Personally I don't see this simply as Autism being the principle factor, rather I'm wondering about how their world is perceived and coped with. That feeling of being on the wrong planet, not fitting in, then being told that that's all there is, how all helping statements are invalidating, it breeds more distrust and further isolation. To top it off they may also be engaged in rant threads which simply just hate on NT's that reinforce the us versus them message. Where does this virus end?

We have been told repeatedly over recent years that combating home-grown terrorist grooming is best achieved through challenging their ideology, turning negative reinforcements into positive understanding.

How can we help us fit in and cope?

A hard pill to swallow maybe, here's another, from day one on this forum I noticed an overwhelming negativity, since then I feel that this actually comes predominantly from the US users. Don't worry I'll not be sticking around, way too much negativity and I don't like starring into NoThingness.

BUT, yes there are a lot of nice people here, some are American too, so please don't think this is anti-US rant or even an anti-wrongplanet rant either,just a wakeup call for some :albino:

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2015, 10:20 pm

Maybe you should ask yourself why your perceptions of things are so "negative".

A lot of "bad" experiences are shared here, but many get comfort from finding commonalities in those things.
Good experiences are shared too. Besides that there is also a lot of neutral information that is shared here.
I don't see any reason that you would associate this site with crime or terrorism, even indirectly.