why are more and more young men being shot?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Ribbons
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Mar 2007, 8:11 am

why dont the police stop and search people who fit the different gangs description?
i live in manchester where young lads are shooting and stabbing each other each week
why is this happening?

Jacob_Landshire
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Mar 2007, 8:40 am

Ribbons wrote:
why dont the police stop and search people who fit the different gangs description?
i live in manchester where young lads are shooting and stabbing each other each week
why is this happening?

Are the gang members ethnic minorities? If so that might be the reason why. I know here in America the police are reluctant to stop or search minorities because it can often lead to charges of racism or racial profiling. The end result is that many urban areas are dangerous and in a state of semi-anarchy.

There is no reason to suppress a viewpoint unless it is true, because a false viewpoint can easily be combated with facts and logic, while the truth cannot be combated except by lies which are vulnerable to refutation.

Ribbons
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Mar 2007, 8:53 am

mainly yes
but it just uppsets me that the police are to frightened to stop them incase they get accused of being rasict and yet ppl are dying
surely just like wen i went to america and they thought i was a terrosit whoever they search should understand its for a good reason and the better of the community
kind of like when i go to certain clubs bouncers chek my purse to see if ive got drugs in them
which at first i thought was really funny because i dont but now i realise i fit the stereotype that do x

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 9:35 am

Yes I have heard about these various shootings, I think the police acted a bit too slowly as regards this and don't really know how to deal with it. I don't care what race they are, if they are killing people they should be treated with the same harshness as other murderers.