Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 12:09 pm

Girlwithaspergers wrote:
i tend to sleep well into the afternoon on days where Im especially stressed like today. It's like my body can't handle the mental strain of being awake and dealing with my emotional problems.

I can relate, somedays, although mostly I tend to do housework now to distract myself from how horrible life has become without Jackie, my wife, I do tend to lay awake in bed wishing I were dead or that she'd come home again.

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 1:35 pm

It's just way easier to sleep than to live such a lousy, unfulfilling life.

structrix
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 2:14 pm

I really do sleep my life away. Any spare block I get I prefer to sleep and drift off to dreamland. Life is much more exciting and fun in dreamland.

I am an Aspie!
Diagnosed as an adult

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 11:38 am

For me, there are usually few worries in dreamland.

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 12:24 pm

I've been sleeping all day again.

gaz34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Apr 2015, 12:29 pm

I've had some mad crazy dreams the past two nights. The night before last I dreamed I was in the Alien Isolation game with real people in it. We were all running around between rooms in a multi storey building trying to escape the alien with a few monsters thrown in for measure. Yesterday I dreamed I was a candidate for the general election and was making speeches and talking to David Cameron who was also my boss. One of my mates from school was also a candidate but an ally of mine and sat opposite was the SNP leader in our office.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 1:05 pm

I think if I had a political dream like that, my system would treat it as a nightmare and I'd wake right up bolt upright with a start. 8O in any case, if I didn't get full bladders within a few hours of falling asleep, I'd probably sleep 12 to 14 hours a night like I used to do.

gaz34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Apr 2015, 1:39 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I think if I had a political dream like that, my system would treat it as a nightmare and I'd wake right up bolt upright with a start. 8O in any case, if I didn't get full bladders within a few hours of falling asleep, I'd probably sleep 12 to 14 hours a night like I used to do.

Yes, it wasn't good. I'm fed up of these crazy dreams. I need to change my meds so I can start sleeping properly. Normally I try to sleep around 10-12 hours but with these meds I'm on it's more like 14 hours of poor quality sleep.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 2:24 pm

gaz34 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Yes, it wasn't good. I'm fed up of these crazy dreams. I need to change my meds so I can start sleeping properly. Normally I try to sleep around 10-12 hours but with these meds I'm on it's more like 14 hours of poor quality sleep.

I find that on days I have gotten good exercise, I sleep much better. :idea:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 7:41 pm

I've felt that way on numerous occasions....then I wake up, and know that I have to deal with all the crap.

Frequently, my dreams are worse than my real life.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 8:09 pm

When I was younger (in elementary and middle school), I used to stay in bed to avoid life. It was there (in bed) where I closed my eyes and escaped into my imaginary world. I also used to stare out the window for hours on end.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 8:15 pm

I stared out the window also, I wanted to be outside and not trapped inside that classroom.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 7:58 pm

Not me.

I tend to stay up too late & then have to get up early-ish for work, rinse & repeat for my work week, then when it's my weekend - like last night - I'm exhausted and I ended up falling asleep on the couch around midnight or 1am, waking up at 8am and going to my bed & then getting up around 11:15.

I tend to only sleep a looong time when I'm worn out from a loooong week. I had a ~12h work day in the mix last week that then saw another 5 hours of social/driving time before I was home for the night, got 2.5h sleep, and then back at work in the morning. I also tire myself out with running/sports etc when I can, and other side job physical work.

But yeah, I haven't really been depressed or suffered from sensory overload and so forth for the last couple years since figuring out how to treat my asd symptoms. Before that, yeah, I could relate to using sleep as a form of escapism. Now, I just use it to recharge when I'm worn out from work/sports/life.

Although, I really should try to get more sleep than I do. Too often I'll stay up late reading something online, or to get laid, and then come morning I'm like.. well s**t, that wasn't really worth it - I really should have gotten longer, quality, sleep and rest vs. whatever the hell I decided to spend my time on instead. More and more I'm sllllllowly learning to do this. In part it's because I'm looking forward to hopefully meeting someone this Summer, so I can't really be bothered to stay up ultra late to hookup with someone to get off when I can just do it myself and get more sleep. :lol:

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 10:31 am

I like sleeping. Bed, sweet bed- bed of my dreams :D

Sleeping too much can be a sign of depression however and one should watch out for this.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 1:57 pm

I overslept and it was great :D dreamt all night long, too :alien: my back was not feeling good, though. :|