Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 6:51 pm

So I've actually started the process of getting diagnosed, but I have a dumb problem.

They sent me some forms and one of them has to be filled out by somebody who knows me well. I looked at it and I don't think there's anybody who knows me well enough to answer the questions. If I asked somebody to fill them out they would think I was nuts. Did anybody have this problem? What do I do? Thanks for any help!

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 12:41 am

I would probably just call and tell them there's no one you're close enough to to provide the information. That right there is a red flag for autism.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 12:44 am

Yeah they are just wanting that for background information from a source other than yourself. Since both my parents are deceased, I relied on the dcfs workers' case notes and files as my background information from a source other than myself. There may be some other way to get around that, in your case.