Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

jman
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2005, 6:25 am

Quote:
mmmm. Shopping. It releases a form of orgasm inside of me.

maybe me and you should go shopping sometime. :wink: :lol:

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2005, 6:52 pm

I love sweat pants!!

Their the only I wear around the house! I Can't stand the feel of jeans on my legs and waist, but since I wear them out in public to avoid ridicule, I've forced myself to get us to them.

As a kid I had problems with socks. The where the bumps are would bother my toes and as a result I would always squirm around in my shoes, taking them off in class to adjust, and do other things to drive people nuts.

One morning back in 1988 my mom was aghast at what I had done: I took a pair of scissors and cut the off the bumps on all of my socks. After being scolded for doing so, mom was determined to make me wear them anyway. But I found no peace. Instead of comfort, my toes were feeling the insides of my shoes which I found even worse.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2005, 6:55 pm

I am picky about underwear in general. But I think I am the worst with shirts, as I said earlier. My socks have to be in the correct position. I cannot bear to have them shifted to where they do not easily fit the form of the foot.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2005, 7:00 pm

I hate clothes shopping so much..... I've got about £220 in Burtons' gift vouchers from my mother (she doesn't believe in buying me anything "fun" like HMV vouchers for instance :roll: Whoa betide me if I buy her a sodding ironing board cover though... again.....) that I've been compiling for about 2 years...... How many bloody shirts and pants do you need anyway? Its a bit difficult to buy myself anything at the moment anyway due to my "unpredictable" body size of late..... That's as good an excuse to avoid clothes shops as any I can think of anyway.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2005, 7:12 pm

I HATE SHOPPING! :evil: My hatred doesn't have anything to do with sensory problems. Shopping just makes me angry and tired.

Scoots5012 wrote:
I love sweat pants!!

Their the only I wear around the house! I Can't stand the feel of jeans on my legs and waist, but since I wear them out in public to avoid ridicule, I've forced myself to get us to them.

Me too! I read your post and started laughing because I don't know anyone else who does that besides me. When I get home the first thing I do is go to my room and change out of my jeans.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2005, 7:50 pm

I don't enjoy shopping for clothes, only by myself. My mom cares too much about what I wear. I'd wear sweatpants if I lived somewhere that wasn't hot most of the year. I stick to wearing no pants, or baggy jeans around the house. I just wish jeans had flexible waist lines

MrMeaner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 May 2005, 7:52 pm

i don't go clothes shopping that much at all..when i do i buy whatever will last me about a year..that's about how often i go

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2005, 8:32 pm

For some reason, I went on this Hawaiian shirt shopping spree for about a year and by the end of that year I ended up owning 59 different Hawaiian shirts! I never wore them of course. Maybe only two or three on any kind of consistent basis. But I was spending a load of extra money (and sometimes bill money) to purchase these Hawaiian shirts (59! What was I thinking??).

Anyways, after having rarely worn them, I donated them all to an environmental charity thing I was involved in and they made about $200.00 for the lot. I still only have two of the shirts. (What in the hello was I thinking?...)

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Cato
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 May 2005, 10:01 pm

I wear suits every day because of my job. It is one of my obsessions that I am a bit fanatical about my clothing in public: starched shirt and pocket handkerchief, pressed wool suit, and shoes shined to a mirror finish. When not working, I still tend to wear a coat and tie.

At home, I like very soft clothes and very shiny shoes. Shoes are an issue for me, as I wear a size 6.5 (US). I order a pair and take care of them until I can afford to order another.

I do not like blue jeans (too rough) or sneakers (impossible to keep looking new).

If anyone hears about an operation to increase foot size to a 9, let me know.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2005, 7:26 am

Quote:
am picky about underwear in general.

I have a fetish for pink, lacy, and sparkly underwear. I love looking at beautiful things. They release endorphins throughout me.
That's probably why I like the cute things in Japanese junk shops and pretty clothes and shoes.

Quote:
I don't enjoy shopping for clothes, only by myself.

I don't like shopping with other people. They bore me by looking at things that are ugly or boring.

I've been indulging in shopping alone since I was about 7.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2005, 3:39 pm

I don't have any love of shopping, but I dont hate it either because I rarely go without knowing exactly what I want. If I didn't know what koinds of clothers I like/ can tolerate wearing, I think shopping would be more of a prblem then.

I hate wearing shirts and I hate the feeling of pants (even elastic bands) around my waist. I try to avoid wearing a shirt as much as possible but I have to live with that annoying feeling that pants cause.

Scoots5012 wrote:
I Can't stand the feel of jeans on my legs and waist, but since I wear them out in public to avoid ridicule, I've forced myself to get us to them.

Try combat fatigues, I've found them to be more comfortble, they have an adjustble waist, they last at leats twice as long as jeans, and they can be found in solid colors if you don't want to wear camouflage all the time.

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2005, 6:48 pm

Black combat pants work for me.

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2005, 3:54 am

i luuuuurve clothes shopping. i rarely go into "real" shops, though, as i'm a charity shop junkie. apart from anything else, i don't wear things that everybody else is wearing (jeans... shudder...), so i often get things and make them into something else. can't afford most clothes, anyway, but it's an incredible experience to pick up a jean-paul gaultier dress for 6 quid... droooooool....

i can't indulge my taste in outlandish outfits at work so much, though, so i do have a "work wardrobe" - although i only use it for school, as i can wear what i want to college, and do - my dragon trousers and jacket always gets comments (or dropped jaws... ;) )

unique
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 May 2005, 4:34 am

Clothes shopping is no fun! Sometimes it takes me half-an-hour to decide what to wear in the morning because I feel I look a mess compared to a lot of people. Shopping for new clothes is such a frustrating process because I need things to feel right (not to tight or too loose, too long, too short etc etc). I hate trying things on in those tiny cubicles with no proper seat (can't even sit on the floor because the curtain doesn't reach). It takes me forever to fasten buttons (I'm dyspraxic) and I find it really hard to judge what looks okay anyway. My three-year-old has better dress sense than I do (I'm not kidding - she gets herself dressed every day and tells me to change my top :roll: ).

As for shoes, well!! Summer is a nightmare so far as footwear is concened. With my smart shoes and 'pumps' I am fine. I can just put them on (spend 5 mins fiddling with the laces, but hey!) and go. But anything I else I wear two pairs of socks with. I can't stand the feel of them on my feet and it drives me to distraction if my toes or heel is rubbing against part of the boot. Sandals are impossible. I had a pair that I wore for three years until they broke and since then haven't had any summer shoes, I just get hot. Sometimes if I'm just around the house I wear socks and sandals but even I know not to walk down the street with two pairs of socks on under sandals!

Tere
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2005, 6:49 am

I Hate Clothes shopping!! ! The first thing that attracts me when I clothes shop, is the color. Then I have to feel the material. If it is to stiff, rough, or the material is too coarse, I don't even get to the putting on stage.

I can't wear wool, polyester, or nylon. I wear cotton and it has to be soft.
If I find someting that fits, and doesn't rub or chafe, I buy several in different colors.

Right now I wear Yoga-Wear. It is super comfortable and is made of materials that breathe!

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2005, 11:04 am

I loathe clothes shopping. That is why I buy mine over the internet. It is funny. I bought a Slayer shirt from someone at school today.

I WAS NOT WHAT I HAD ALWAYS TRIED TO EMULATE.
INSTEAD A SHADOW OF FORMER GLORY.
AND THEN I CRIED.