Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

WillTheSpartan1997
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Apr 2015, 6:04 pm

My name is Will, i'm 17 years old and I have aspergers syndrome. So ever since I was little I wanted to be and actor, but my parents wouldn't let be in a theatre play at our local because they said it would be a lot of work for both them and myself. acting was liited when I was in middle school so I couldn't audition for anything. When I got into high school I auditioned for everything wether it be a musical or a shakespherean play, I couldn't get in even for a minor role. reasons being is that I have a poor memory system when it comes to acting but I remember movie stories, I have an encyclopidic knowledge of the DC comics universe, but I can't remember anything when it comes to acting no matter what I do. One thing that pissed me of is that during my sophmore year I auditioned for the minor role of a comedian (now keep in mind that I've been told by most people that I am a funny person and did stand up comedy once) but lost that role to someone who is a complete jerk to people and I'm the stand up comedian type not that fat loser. and during the spring play in that same sophmore year I auditioned with a friend who has a shy personality and doesn't do a lot of things and he got in and he never been in a play before, and I didn't get in and I've auditioned 4 times and I still didn't get in. It pisses me off because I've did more things in the name of performing arts than anyone else did. Since it seems I fail when it comes to acting I've decided to take up movie directing and screenwriting, which I'm talented at and I make my own home movies. I can't audition for any plays my senior year because I'm going to be busy by going to a tech center in order to get credits and get my filmmaking degree early. But i'm sad now that I didn't get to be a actor and I'm not good at it how do I cope.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 10:59 pm

Eventually act in your own movies?

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 11:06 pm

I am surprised that you didn't get an acting part. I had no problem getting in to acting when I was in theater. In fact. I got straight A's in performing arts and I was one of the absolute best actor in my class. And the irony about it was. I never really liked that class. It's was one of my least liked classes and yet. I excel at it.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Apr 2015, 12:32 am

Hi there Will, focus on the movie directing and screenwriting for now: that sounds great and will allow you to be more creative than acting does, where you pretty much have to play it how the director says.

You're only 17 so it certainly does not mean your acting dream is over, you may get more opportunities before long, even if it's just minor roles for now. Doing the filmmaking course / degree will expose you to all the various aspects and tools of movie making and enable you to see what element of movie production you enjoy best. You will hopefully get the opportunity to meet people in the industry that can be useful in helping you to achieve your dreams. Best of luck.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

traven
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 12:44 am

Nothing is ruined at seventeen, work hard and try again !