Anyone else have these specific sleep issues?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 10:02 pm

I have so much difficulty sleeping at night. The room has to be within 19 to 20C, my head has to be cooler than my chest which has to be slightly warmer than my waist which has to be a slightly different temperature than my legs and feet. I always find it such a pain to layer all the blankets and wear the right clothes etc otherwise I have difficulty falling asleep and wake up often.

I find it hard to sleep without the weight of blankets on me (i sleep with 7 layers), and I can't stand the feel of certain materials against my body.

Even the routine used to prepare for sleep is long and complicated. Does anyone else relate?

I have to have sleep music playing every night to drown out any noise or other stimuli, and completely blackout all the lights and windows in my room.

KaylamiYarne
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 May 2015, 11:23 pm

I definitely have sleep issues. Most of it has to do with sound and texture. I can't stand the feeling of anything other than blankets touching my skin. I have trouble getting to sleep if there's a single hair flicking against the fan blades. I HEAR it. I have trouble sleeping through my dad's snoring coming from two rooms away, or talking, even if they're whispering. I had a horrifying night once when the whole family had to sleep in one room, and everyone snored. It was painful and I ended up tearing at my hair, crying, and hitting myself on the head. Even when I moved to a different room I couldn't get rid of that feeling and I rocked until the music on my mp3 player calmed me down. I can't sleep with clothes on. I can't sleep if my hair is beneath my neck; it has to be above my head. Sometimes it seems I can't sleep for no reason, and I just have this weird craving to be weighed down. I've never figured out how to satiate that craving because I don't have anything to set on top of me. I've considered laying on the ground and then laying the mattress on top of me, but I fear insects crawling across my skin or something.

KaylamiYarne
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 May 2015, 11:40 pm

Oh, I just noticed "these specific". I can relate to not wanting certain materials touching me and needing to have some sort of constant noise on to drown out any other sounds.