Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 2:28 pm

Do you have challenging behaviour? Describe yours.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 2:49 pm

It says in my care plan that I have challenging behaviour, however if I have the right carers/support I am fine usually. I used to have violent outbursts and I would break things, swear and generally be out of control. I have comorbid conditions that make my behaviour more difficult for me to control so having a carer who understands this is vital. They also figured out that positive reinforcement works for me rather than telling me off. I become oppositional when I get told off.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 May 2015, 8:19 pm

I had a lot of challenging behavior when I lived with my parents but that disappeared 1ce I moved in with my girlfriend. I used to throw tantrums, swear, have lots of meltdowns, & be very demanding about things. My parents did NOT understand my Aspergers & my other issues & were hard on me witch contributed to my challenging behavior.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 8:45 am

I have challenging behaviour and have had for as long as I remember. I scream, punch walls, attack people near me, swear and tear at my skin. I am on meds now though that seem to be decreasing the challenging behaviour a bit.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 9:20 am

Lets see in public school I kicked and broke some windows because I was mad, vandalized an entire school because I forgot to take my meds, ran from the cops one time, deleted the entire student public drive which deleted all of students files just for fun, and walked out of classes when the teacher wasn't watching.

No I never went out and partied and drank like typical rebellious teens do because I was a lone wolf in my high school days but I definitely was a trouble maker. When I got very angry and frustrated, I tended to do very bad things because I couldn't control it. And I was going through withdrawals the 2nd semester of my 9th grade year so that's when I vandalized my entire school and nearly got expelled.

RhodyStruggle
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 9:59 am

As long as I can stay out from under the thumbs of authoritarian scumbags I do not. But every time I see a cop hassling some motorist on the side of the highway, takes everything I have not to plow into that fascist at 90 mph. Every time I see/hear a parent shouting at their child, takes everything I have not to tear that parent's throat out with my teeth.

So I guess I do have challenging behavior but I keep it in check.

A burden discerned in the blood you taste

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 10:08 am

There are times when it is basically impossible to get me to respond to anything. And I have meltdowns where I go ballistic.

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 10:45 am

I have self-injurious behavior but it's not suicidal or anything like that. I do it a lot from overstimulation, which is mainly scratching myself so hard and repeatedly that I end up bleeding, and sometimes out of frustration for various reasons. They were very reluctant to let me home after I cut open my arm and it needed 5 stitches on it. That one was frustration. They thought I was suicidal and going to end my life if they let me out. While I do think I'd be better off dead sometimes, I have no plans to take my own life. Very hard convincing them that through yes and no questions. But other than that, not really no. I used to be worse in some ways but I'm not too bad - I hope at least.

elysian1969
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 May 2015, 11:37 am

I still have to resist the urge to pick at bug bites or scratches, etc. When I was a little kid I would dig at bug bites or sores to the point of getting them infected and bleeding, and even then I'd still pick. I don't think I was consciously being self-destructive, there was just something oddly calming about it which is really messed up. I have some pretty bad scars on my arms and legs from this.

I also used to chew my nails and cuticles relentlessly- until I started doing acrylic nails.

A lot of the time picking and such is considered to be a nervous habit, and I was really horrible about it as a child. I don't dig and pick like that much anymore - I noticed a real decrease in the desire to pick and fuss after I'd been on meds (Prozac and Catapres) for awhile. I also think I'm a lot more conscious of it now because I'm diabetic and anytime I get any kind of skin sores they take forever to heal and get infected really easily.

I also have an interesting habit of dropping off the planet now and again. I turn the ringer on the phone off, turn off any kind of social media, etc. and avoid communicating with anyone for as long as I can get away with. Sometimes that disturbs my family (a whole horde of loud, extroverted NTs...) even though they know I need to do that from time to time, they don't get it. They all come up with things like I'm dead in a ditch somewhere because I don't answer the phone for a day or two. Go figure. :heart: :skull:

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 5:19 pm

When I get angry, I turn into the hulk. RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2015, 2:40 am

I've been detained and breathalysed several times before. I was not drunk. I was having a public meltdown. Enough of section 136.