Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2015, 3:56 pm

As probably a trait of my ASD disorder, I find when I'm upset, really emotional about somethingx I find my mind will get stuck in it and it's sometimes hard to snap out of it to see other parts of the bigger picture. For example if someone says something mean, get upset, and feel down about myself about ot, it's hard to snap out of that thought and resize there's no reason to feel upset with my self. Or let's say I do poorly at school and fail a test, I find I'll start feeling like I'm a failure and gave troupe switching out of and realize it wad only one yest and aced others. I've found I can get really depressed of I font take the effort to snap my self out of it and sonetines it does take effort. Do you find your mind works like this too?

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2015, 4:16 pm

I suspect my emotions might do the same thing.
I realized the other night that when my mind seems to be working nice and fast, and 'up', I end up looping the same thought in it over and over. Which is good in one sense because without doing that I do not think I will actually create that connection in my head and I find I often do it with putting ideas into words so I can then talk about them later on. But when I bother to take a step back and think about it, they are actually pretty out-of-control, like I'm going to loop those thoughts until I won't anymore and that's just how it's going to be.

Since my emotions are not well-balanced, they get rather strong, it's a possibility that has crossed my mind that they do the same sort of thing; they're gonna loop until they're gonna stop. But I currently lack the insight into my emotional life that would help me come to any real conclusion that that is what I even experience or not.

Poor motivation

Grahzmann
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 May 2015, 5:37 pm

This happens to me as well.