Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2015, 11:14 am

gaz34 wrote:
Contact lenses are great! No one has to know you even masturbate. I'm sure if you ask the optician you can try them out for free like in the UK.

Was not that I just had such a trial (and failed) made clear in my last post?

gaz34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jul 2015, 12:03 pm

I don't understand why some people find it so hard to put on contact lenses. It takes me less than half a minute if I don't need to rinse them first. Have you tried the daily ones? They're much softer than the monthly ones and they last you ages.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2015, 2:24 pm

gaz34 wrote:
I don't understand why some people find it so hard to put on contact lenses. It takes me less than half a minute if I don't need to rinse them first. Have you tried the daily ones? They're much softer than the monthly ones and they last you ages.

I couldn't stop blinking, according to the helper. It would always push the contact lens back out, forcing me to get it back on the tip of my finger like a bowl with it opening upward.

I am very sensitive about things moving into or close to my eye.

tall-p
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2015, 10:41 pm

I ended up having a fairly rare eye disease called keratoconus ... and this is back when contact lens were hard and covered the whole eye. That one I could take for about 3 seconds. But I ended up being included in a soft contact development program in Washington, DC. starting in 1968, with Dr Jerome Goldman. This went on for 10 years, and then I had a cornea transplant. Soft contacts are a blessing and really easy to get used to. They just take a little practice. I think that very few people can't get used to soft contacts these days.

gaz34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jul 2015, 12:06 am

All the ones I've tried are designed so they only fit one way around. If you put them on inside out they irritate your eye and give you blurred vision for a second each time you blink and become really painful after prolonged use. Maybe you just weren't wearing them right.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2015, 12:30 am

I have been wearing contact lenses for 10 years now. But I wear soft lenses. I have got used to them the lenses I wear should only be worn 12-14 hours a day then you take them out. I tried hard lenses I didn't get on very well.

If I was to recommend lenses I would recommend the soft lenses. I have exactly the same eye sight as you