Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

WaveOfChange
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jul 2015, 8:57 pm

I absolutely love to cuddle, but only with someone I know very well. Unfortunately, there isn't anyone in my life like that right now, and I dearly miss cuddling.

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2015, 9:37 pm

I love cuddling, but only with a romantic partner, so I obviously don't get to do it much. I get to cuddle with my pets, but I am not sure that counts. I want to cuddle, to feel affection but I have no one in my life.

artfulldodger
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jul 2015, 10:30 pm

About the only time I enjoy cuddling or snuggle time is when I dont feel good and thats only if I initiate it and after sex. Otherwise I do not like being touched, espicaly when I am sleeping. The only exception to the rule is the dog sleeping in bed, but I try to keep that to a minimum by rolling over once the dog has settled down. dodger

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 59 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Twistedsis
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jul 2015, 11:55 pm

I've wondered for a while about this. I've read a lot about people on the spectrum that don't like or can't stand physical touch, but nothing about those that enjoy it. I have a really hard time sleeping without being hugged by my husband throughout the night and that's probably a little extreme, but I crave the physical closeness and love cuddling with him. I don't feel comfortable with social hugs and touching otherwise, even from family members unless they're really close. That's probably caused by social anxiety more than anything though.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2015, 8:46 am

I enjoy being cuddled, and being touched in other ways. It doesn't bother me at all either, even if I'm hot, tired, hungry, in bad pain, or on the verge of a breakdown.

I love it when my boyfriend runs his fingers along my back in bed. It always soothes me to sleep.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Jul 2015, 9:57 pm

I really enjoy it but only with my girlfriend.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Sequoia
Raven
Raven

03 Jul 2015, 10:04 pm

I'm definitely a cuddle addict. I like to hug more than most people do, which is why I'm usually cuddling a teddy bear or two when I'm by myself or with people with whom I can get away with it around.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2015, 10:31 pm

I have 5 cats.
Resistance is futile.

VagabondAstronomer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jul 2015, 11:20 pm

I love cuddling with someone I am involved with, but I do tend to get restless and want to move on to other things (not intimacy related).

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2015, 11:33 pm

With my siblings. Neither of them appreciate it that much...
My brother pushes me away and my sister frees herself and gets really upset.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2015, 7:23 am

nerdygirl wrote:
I hate "social hugs" that are not really hugs. They are just these "lean into you and put my arm around you lightly and tap you on the back" things. The feeling of fakeness is even worse than the feeling of the touch.

I have sometimes had "social hugs" that felt genuine and those were nice, but yeah, I really hate those fake hugs, too! Hey, if you don't want to hug me there's a really simple solution - don't. The worst is getting a fake hug from a person who had given you a genuine hug before. Ouch!

I'd love to cuddle with someone I could feel truly comfortable with, who also felt the same way about me, and just let go and allow myself to enjoy the intimacy. That's been exactly 0 people so far and I don't see it changing. (It's possible that I got some enjoyable cuddling as a young child, but while I can't rule it out, I doubt it.) Oh, did I mention I love cats? :roll:

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2015, 3:40 pm

I've only been comfortable cuddling with one person in the past, but those times were quite heavenly. I don't know how to explain it, I guess it just feels like the safest place in the world... If an act could be a place. The problem isn't just touch for me though. Cuddling causes overload to of all of the senses really, it's just, as I found with her, with the right person to induce the right sensory input, it's an overload of pleasant. But, yeah, my sense of smell is acute enough that I taste peoples' scents... So I hold my breath even when hugging family to avoid inducing nausea(anyone wearing a cloud of transferable artificial scent can go hug themselves). Cuddling can also easily induce overheating as I'm very sensitive to heat, and another persons warmth can easily make me feel dizzy/lightheaded, ill and weak without adequate fans and/or air conditioning.

fluffyfluff
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jul 2015, 4:14 pm

If i had a boyfriend (who'm i felt a strong connection with), i would love to cuddle, and often as well i like to think.
It's kind of weird actually saying that, considering the fact that otherwise i normally feel really uncomfortable with physical touch, such as hugging etc - doesn't matter if it's friends, family or whatever, tight and close physical touch makes me feel weird, even when i am hugged by a family member. That doesn't mean it doesn't feel nice/ good, but regardless it rarely feels completely natural to me, it makes me feel off in a way. But if i do it more regularly i find that this weird vibe i feel regarding physical touch usually wears off (at least to some extent) - though i have to continue the practice of it in good dosages" in order to maintain this change of mind/ feel. As we speak i haven't been hugged by anyone for weeks, so if someone hugged me now, regardless if it was a friend, my mom or dad or one of my siblings, i would no doubt about it feel a little weird about it at first.

cinnabot
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jul 2015, 4:20 pm

I literally live for cuddles.

I have few requirements:

• person does not smell bad. A little male or female musk is fine. Smokers are a no-go.
  • person is height-weight proportional. I wouldn't care, but it's just physically impossible otherwise.
  • person wants to cuddle
  • person most likely will not kill or injure me.

Within these parameters, I'd cuddle with anyone. Completely serious, it's like... ever have IV morphine in the hospital? It's about 100x better than that for me.

My only real working theory as to why, is that I just wasn't held/cuddled as a child.

Most of the reason I became mtf transgender, is so that I'd be more cuddle-able :)

steve30
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jul 2015, 8:00 pm

I love nice relaxing cuddles :).

Unfortunately I seldom have anyone to cuddle with :(.

Zilphy
Raven
Raven

05 Jul 2015, 8:30 pm

I like cuddling, but only with my husband. Cuddling is very intimate for me. I do not enjoy hugs for greetings or departures. I don't enjoy prolonged physical touch outside of being flirtatious or sexual intimacy. Being leaned on, hung on or held is very uncomfortable for me. Only my husband can do this without me feeling awkward. Each morning we make time to spoon before work. It's the best part of the day.