Being multi-faceted (in what you like)

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

14 Aug 2015, 2:29 am

OK, I've noticed this in me, and maybe some of you are like this, but are you multi-faceted in what you have as far as interests go (as in, what you like in general)?

I think we Aspies tend to be like this. I'm one of those people. For instance, I love sports, anime/manga, game shows, 1980s stuff, retro gaming, comedy, social gatherings, and doing artwork.

What about you guys? :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 3:43 am

i'm the opposite of this, i have narrow interests in specific things and fields, and i can't make myself care about anything else besides whatever i'm doing at the moment.

Fraljmir
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Aug 2015, 7:51 am

boredome wrote:
i'm the opposite of this, i have narrow interests in specific things and fields, and i can't make myself care about anything else besides whatever i'm doing at the moment.

I'm like this too, but I have not yet been diagnosed for Aspergers (getting a call on Tuesday to make a booking). The few friends I had used to get annoyed at me because I would play just one video game in a period of 3-9 months before finally moving onto something new, yet they swapped back and forth every few hours. Just one example of course- same thing with editing and programming. I'll tend to work solely on one project for weeks almost non-stop until it's done or I lose interest.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2015, 5:21 pm

I have a wide range of interests.

I am pretty obsessed with the weather, though.

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2015, 12:05 pm

I have very narrow fields of interest ( History and cooking being at the top of the list ), though I sometimes get wrapped up in other things. I never stay with those interest very long, but I do come back to them from time to time.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2015, 6:01 pm

I see my interests as being both broad and narrow.

For example, I like a wide range of music genres and musicians, but there's usually only a couple of tracks on an album that I like enough to play more than once, yet those songs that do interest me will usually fascinate me for a long time and I'll play them over and over. I'm also a keen musician, and one of the reasons I'll never be a "star" is that I can't be bothered to cone down on one recognisable style, so if I made an album, one track would appeal to one demographic group, but the next track would appeal to a different one, so I'd never be able to market my stuff to a recognisable fan base, and people would never know what I was going to do next.

I'm always finding a new subject, which could be almost anything, and focussing on one tiny aspect of it.