Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 6:26 am

Is is typical for people to have friends that have about the same financial status as them?

I noticed that my friends and I seem to be an exception amongst a great majority of people my age. My friends have about the same financial status, except for me.

From my observation I'd say that most groups of friends of all ages seem to have about the same financial status. What do you say?

If you have friends, do they have the same financial status as you or not?

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 8:21 am

I'm below the poverty level, due to being on SSDI. I have anxiety about making "normal" friends, who own houses and work jobs and such. However, I am in the process of making a friend now who has all that. She is also autistic, though. I don't get along well with other "poor" people, although I do get along with some others on SSDI.

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitetigerdream

Don't take life so seriously. It isn't permanent!

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 9:57 am

Well I'm part of the middle class. In both Primary school and high school, my friends were part of the same socio-economic bracket. I didn't get the opportunity to mix with kids who are below the poverty line, or anyone who was regarded as being above middle class. A lot of factors have to do with is, especially here in S.A. Namely ones ethnicity and ones location. I think it's more of a social feature than anything else.

ViperaAspis
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 10:20 am

Yes.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 11:01 am

Financial status is as important to me as...something that's really, really unimportant.

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 11:44 am

I have friends from the "poor" to the upper middle class.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2009, 11:50 am

Danielismyname wrote:
Financial status is as important to me as...something that's really, really unimportant.

well said.
my uncle & aunty are "upper class", apparently means they wait until the children grow up to get divorced.. lol as if they are in any way more valuable as a human being!!?? grr feed the rich to the poor & the hungry :)