Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 7:56 am

I see so many people, especially women, wearing tight jeans and tight tops.

I can't stand anything tight on me. I wear baggy clothes so that I do not get sensory overload. I am female so I need to wear a bra, which annoys me greatly. I am even considering to replace knickers with boxer shorts because knickers are so uncomfortable.

Does anyone else feel affected by the clothes they wear?

I can't stand jeans and also hate wearing anything made out of silk or wool.

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 7:59 am

I don't have sensory overload, but I also wear loose clothes because I'm more comfortable.
I usually wear t shirts and baggy jeans, or sweatpants.

ponies
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jul 2010, 8:05 am

I like my clothes to fit properly. I really don't like it when the sleeves are too short. Those 3/4 sleeves bug me because they're not proper sleeves. Pedal Pusher pants annoy me too for the same reasons. They don't feel like shorts, but they don't feel like long pants either.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 8:12 am

Yeah, sleeves that are too short annoy me too and so do 3/4 sleeves. I also don't like long-sleeved t-shirts.

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 8:51 am

i hate tight clothes, especially shirts and boxers (ha! just reminded myself what i need to pick up today) as my legs get more toned from all the bicycle riding ive been doing (907 miles since march) the leg holes get tighter, to the point where they leave a mark.

its never been a sensory thing, more of a "this looks kinda goofy" thing.

no man should ever wear skin tight clothes, even the hard core bicycle types, those lance armstrong type suits are too revealing, im not interested in the contour of you ass-crack thank you very much!

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 9:01 am

thechadmaster wrote:
im not interested in the contour of you ass-crack thank you very much!

Lol! I agree.

Brija
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jul 2010, 9:04 am

Guitar_Girl wrote:
I don't have sensory overload, but I also wear loose clothes because I'm more comfortable.
I usually wear t shirts and baggy jeans, or sweatpants.

Same.

But I CAN'T STAND socks!! Especially if they are too tight across the toes after you slip on your shoes. *shudders The only reason I wear socks is so my closed up shoes don't start to stink. As soon as the shoes come off the socks get ripped off too. :nerdy:

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 9:18 am

I used to quite like to wear tight trousers and shirts because stuff wouldn't fall out of my pockets so easily as it does with baggy clothes. Frankly I get more sensory issues with baggy clothes because when they glide over my skin I start to itch.

I guess a lot depends on the material and the exact fit. Any digging in would probably annoy me, but I'm sure clothes can be made which are very close-fitting but not actually squeezing flesh. I think a lot of the clothes they make for the more sexualised lady have a bit of Lycra in the formula so there's a bit of give in the fit.......designers have probably put a lot of work into maximising the sexual effect without losing too much comfort. But neurotypicals are said to be more able to screen out the pain....they seem to be able to continue to hold a perfectly normal conversation while their shoes are killing them. :?

Women's fashions have long been berated by medics as being unhealthy......some of those 19th-century corsets were physically deforming the women who wore them. It's always astonished me just what lengths a lot of women will go to in order to look sexually appealing to men at all times, as if they were incapable of doing anything more than looking as sexy as possible so that some besotted guy will give them a free lunch. Personally I'd prefer it if they toned it right back except when it was relevent, but apart from the Muslims and a few Aspie women, I think it's just going to get worse and worse.

Coldkick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jul 2010, 9:36 am

Brija wrote:
Same.

But I CAN'T STAND socks!! Especially if they are too tight across the toes after you slip on your shoes. *shudders The only reason I wear socks is so my closed up shoes don't start to stink. As soon as the shoes come off the socks get ripped off too. :nerdy:

Same for me! As soon as I get home I rip off my socks and then massage my legs where the socks pushed against.

SuperTrouper
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 10:18 am

I just hate anything tight around my waist so won't wear regular waistbands such as jeans or khakis, but I LOVE leggings and wear them all the time under skirts/dresses.

eon
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Jul 2010, 10:22 am

I remember as a small child refusing to wear jeans.. they felt too tight.

in my mid-childhood years i think all i wore was handed down FAR too large clothes, very loose, i know i looked RIDICULOUS and no one seemed to care to try to dress me properly. due to my delinquent older stepsiblings requiring all the attention.

nowadays i'm simply aware of it. i think i'm less uncomfortable when something is too tight or only slightly tight but i'm always aware. i think i just grew more tolerant of the uncomfortable feelings.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 10:30 am

eon wrote:

in my mid-childhood years i think all i wore was handed down FAR too large clothes, very loose, i know i looked RIDICULOUS and no one seemed to care to try to dress me properly. due to my delinquent older stepsiblings requiring all the attention.

nowadays i'm simply aware of it. i think i'm less uncomfortable when something is too tight or only slightly tight but i'm always aware. i think i just grew more tolerant of the uncomfortable feelings.

I was the same way. I only wore corduroys and threw a fit when my mom tried to put me in jeans once.

Now, I'm kind of the opposite! I like to wear tight pants cuz it feels like I'm being held together. If I wear really baggy clothes I feel like my body is open wide or something. It's weird.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 10:35 am

eon wrote:

I didnt have the hand me down thing -I wore dress pants and a nice shirt to school when I went to school-the school did not have a uniform dress code or anything-also carried a briefcase :D - and didnt wear jeans until I got to high school and tried to fit in a bit more-I like jeans now and like all different fits and wear them when I can when I am not working as I wear those blue work pants at work

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 12:07 pm

I don't like tight clothes. I don't like baggy too. But the worst are too short shirts. I hate to show my belly. I can wear mini skirt, but not mini shirt.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 12:26 pm

SteelMaiden wrote:
I see so many people, especially women, wearing tight jeans and tight tops.

I can't stand anything tight on me. I wear baggy clothes so that I do not get sensory overload. I am female so I need to wear a bra, which annoys me greatly. I am even considering to replace knickers with boxer shorts because knickers are so uncomfortable.

Does anyone else feel affected by the clothes they wear?

I can't stand jeans and also hate wearing anything made out of silk or wool.
I'm exactly the same way. Putting on clothes that are not soft and roomy or don't have an elastic waistband makes me feel like I'm putting on a suit of armor. I don't even like t-shits that don't have a lot of give or have a too-high collar. I recently bought a pair of jeans, but they are stretch jeans and I don't even have to unbutton them to take them off or put them on.

I only wear lightweight cotton bras (no under-wire) but I take them off the instant I get home and would never wear one if I didn't have to. I think knickers are okay but I only wear old-fashioned roomy cotton ones. I also can't deal with shoes that are not sneakers.

And if I'm trying to sleep, forget it: if my pjs are not super-comfortable and soft I just won't be able to sleep.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 12:29 pm

I am extremely picky about the clothes I wear. They need to feel right. It's weird, because I don't have much of a criteria for that, they just have to be comfortable when I wear them.