Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

cmoody1973
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Aug 2015, 11:38 pm

Hey all, I used to be on this board from time to time under a different name, but found I don't recall the email address it was associated with any more, so I'm here again anew.

The people I currently live with, when I first moved here they used to always invite me to go play "Magic the Gathering" with them, which I did a few times but found due to how many people were playing it at the same time it was difficult to say the least, plus I found it rather complicated with all the different types of land.

So long story short, I stopped going, and they eventually stopped asking if I wanted to go with them. Do you ever as an Aspie you miss being asked? Even if you both the know the answer already?

Thanks for the feedback,

Chris

Darcygirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Aug 2015, 1:16 am

Hi Chris

Yes, I know what you mean. I say to myself I don't want to go but it would be nice to be asked. I can see why they would stop asking you.

They must have liked you being there or they wouldn't have kept asking you so....

If you want to start going again, why don't you ask them if you can come along to the next one?

SpaceRanger
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Aug 2015, 9:21 am

cmoody1973 wrote:
Hey all, I used to be on this board from time to time under a different name, but found I don't recall the email address it was associated with any more, so I'm here again anew.

The people I currently live with, when I first moved here they used to always invite me to go play "Magic the Gathering" with them, which I did a few times but found due to how many people were playing it at the same time it was difficult to say the least, plus I found it rather complicated with all the different types of land.

So long story short, I stopped going, and they eventually stopped asking if I wanted to go with them. Do you ever as an Aspie you miss being asked? Even if you both the know the answer already?

Thanks for the feedback,

Chris

that is the good thing of never having had any friends. Nobody ever asked me and the few times I was invited for other purposes, I cooked up some story and didn't go.

Xenization
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2015, 1:18 pm

I've also experienced that, as an aspie, but I think a lot of NTs have, too.