Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

al2Listens8
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Sep 2015, 8:22 am

I need some help to tell my parents why they get me stressed, the ask me things and constantly confuse me. I start of a little stressed about something so I tell them. I want them to understand why I'm stressed and move on but instead I get more questions and it makes me more so anxious. Then they go on about why I shouldn't be stressed about that one thing in particular in the first place when actually I wasn't -they got me more confused/worried as I often don't know what they mean.
If I ever tell them this they storm of, usually in the middle so it's all unfinished, and I'm left utterly confused as to why they cannot see that they make things worse. I don't know if anyone can help me with that specifically but it might help if you still post anything on how you 'explain' things?

alex
Developer
Developer

07 Sep 2015, 9:42 am

Show them this post? Or write something similar and give it to them. Maybe writing it out will help them understand.

CDFA
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Sep 2015, 10:54 am

There might be a problem with the way you're asking them things, or consulting with them. If you're asking for their advice on something that stressed you, try asking in a non-stressful way. Dont mention "stressed" or anything like that, it will only make things worse and make them ask questions(like you mentioned they did). Dont get so panicked from their response either, stay calm when talking to them about it and try to explain things as calm as possible. Also, I dont exactly know your parents but if they're closed-minded people, or people who are misunderstanding things(dont know them, only assuming here), then I suggest asking for a friend's advice instead of your parents. I will admit, sometimes my own parents have made me go in a wrong path/direction in life that only made things worse for me, because they didnt know what is best for me to do about something. So dont always rely on your parents, unless you're completely lost and have no friends to speak to. :)