Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 6:33 am

I hate it when I'm outside and it starts raining. I don't usually carry an umbrella around and I get wet.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 8:33 am

I hate that, too. Because I don't drive a car, I'm more affected by the weather than drivers are. I check the weather forecast every day. If there's any chance of rain, I carry an umbrella with me. If I get wet I cannot concentrate on anything.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 8:36 am

As a driver, I'd have to disagree somewhat. When it rains heavily, it gets quite dangerous, and I get scared.

When it snows, I'd rather not drive at all. But I have to--so C'est La Vie!

Just try to make sure you have an umbrella.

If the wind is above 25 MPH or so, umbrellas are probably useless, actually.

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 9:46 am

Surprisingly enough, even though I am weather sensitive, I like getting rained on as long as it isn't real heavy. Maybe because I live in a place that doesn't get much rainfall.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 9:56 am

I can stand it assuming I can change my clothes soon afterwards. I hate wet, cold clothes - not rain itself. Although cold rain isn't a pleasant experience either.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 10:06 am

Hate cold rain. Hate wet clothes. Really enjoy tepid mists.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 11:22 am

I got caught in the rain today. It was real heavy and it went in my shoes :x

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2015, 12:55 pm

Last week, we had some monsoon weather, and I had to run out and roll up my car windows since I had them open a crack to try to make the car interior cooler. Even though I use a sunshade on my windshield when my car is parked, my car can get relatively hot at this time of year. I'm also in California where drivers aren't known for being able to drive safely in the rain, especially that first rain. By that, I mean they drive way too fast for the road conditions, so sometimes it's scary being among them.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 3:59 pm

I grew up in the rain so it doesn't bother me at all.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2015, 9:23 pm

I LOVE the rain. I like the way it feels, sounds, makes things smell, and, the way it can change the atmosphere of a day, within seconds.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2015, 12:32 am

I love rain, too. And cool wind, like you get during a rainstorm. As a child I'd spend the entire day just...being outside with the wind and rain during storms. I find it oddly soothing. The sound overwhelms all other sounds, which is wonderful for APD. The smells are natural and earthy instead of chemical and the air is moist. And the light is diffuse and scattered, with little heat or blinding glare. And so many people seem to have an aversion to it that it feels like I get the world to myself.

WolfClaw99
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Sep 2015, 2:13 am

I quite enjoy the rain. I really hate hot, sweaty summers although I was born in June. I've found that I've been happier in the Fall/Winter especially when it gets cold. I dislike warm-humid rain, because it just feels like a constant Sauna. I love the smell of rain and also freshly kicked-up dirt/gravel in the Countryside. I get really excited when there is lightning and thunder, and even more excited if there's hail!

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2015, 2:38 am

glebel wrote:
Surprisingly enough, even though I am weather sensitive, I like getting rained on as long as it isn't real heavy. Maybe because I live in a place that doesn't get much rainfall.

I'm about the same. Rain is good. It means better pastures and crops reducing the need to pump water out of the ground for irrigation.

Around here, if you complain about the rain, you just show yourself to be an idiot.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2015, 4:29 am

Rain doesn't worry me too much. It's just something all living creatures have to live with and work around. :)

It's the snow I can't stand. I don't like the cold anyway, and seeing the ground getting covered in snow just makes me anxious. I like being able to see the grass. I hate seeing cold, white stuff everywhere. And the slippery pavements are also unbearable, because I have social phobia so slipping over causes great embarrassment for me, which I cannot bear. I do wear ice-grippers underneath my shoes for that, but it's awkward when I have to keep taking them off each time I go into a building, because they're not right for walking on surfaces that aren't icy.

I could just do without snow.