Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

paolo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2007, 2:56 am

We go along all our life like snails, snails with antennas or feelers, no they are called tentacles they have eyes on the top but would they sense danger they retract them in their shells. Danger for us is to really know the other. Scared to death to understand the inner goings of the others. It is understandable, nobody likes much entrails after all. It’s also a matter of etiquette. But for us auties entrails are all. So we are forced to live in our shells.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2007, 3:25 am

C'thentacles, please.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2007, 3:26 am

dopey do'h(my verbal tic)..that makes sense....I think...people are scary...entrails are scary...

maldoror
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2007, 4:04 am

Have you ever published anything, paolo?

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2007, 4:17 am

maldoror wrote:
Have you ever published anything, paolo?

I would bet that he has.

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 4:45 am

paolo wrote:
We go along all our life like snails, snails with antennas or feelers, no they are called tentacles they have eyes on the top but would they sense danger they retract them in their shells. Danger for us is to really know the other. Scared to death to understand the inner goings of the others. It is understandable, nobody likes much entrails after all. It’s also a matter of etiquette. But for us auties entrails are all. So we are forced to live in our shells.

My emphasis...this is interesting, Paolo. For me it is not quite that - being scared to understand the inner goings on of others, I want to know,probably too much sometimes, to the point of intrusiveness. (And this is where I worry...it is scarey for other people to be so scrutinized yet I don't understand when I am pushing someone's 'boundaries') When I first met my sister-in-law, she said later that it was like being 'interviewed' talking to me :oops: My problem is more one of understanding boundaries, both my own and other people's. My own boundaries are so easily destroyed in my contact with others, I must often retreat to rebuild them. So my relationships have this odd 'dance' feeling, forwards and back, advance and retreat.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 6:02 am

I’m the clumsy giant who’s afraid of holding another for the fear of unknowingly squishing said other…. Retrospectively, I now see the pain I’ve caused in the past; so now, I refrain from grabbing others…even though I still cause harm to others when I regress into the monotonous madman as soon as anyone points an emotion at me after we’ve spoken for a little while.

The “hurt” look and voice is one piece of body language I’ve learnt to recognize, and I'm sure there's many who are autistic that understand the same.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 10:10 am

paolo wrote:

I also live in a shell to some extent,but it's not so much that I'm scared to really know the inner
thinking of others- it's the flip side of the coin in that I find it difficult to let others know
too much about me.I think this problem with 'self disclosure' is quite a common trait in AS.
I don't mind it when others happily volunteer information about themselves,but I feel guilty
if I don't reciprocate.I like reading biographies but only if they are 'authorised' by the subject.