Self care for autistic adults website

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

icechai
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Aug 2017, 10:41 am

Hello all! I'm sure many of you have tried this; searching on Google to find resources and self care advice specifically for autistic adults and finding that most sites are geared towards youths, teens, and of course parents of autistic people. As for myself, I find helpful tools scattered across the internet and Tumblr but it's hard for me to access later when I might need it. So I am going to start a site and try to amass as much helpful advice and resources for adults in one place. If there's anything specific you think I should cover, please let me know!

questor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 8:13 pm

Good idea!

Autism spectrum disorders are a lifelong condition, but I didn't find out why I am the way I am till I was in my mid to upper 40s. I am now in my late 50s. Can't turn back the clock, and can't fix yesterday, so I am stuck with being the way I am in the here and now, and in the future. The Aspy in me still wants life to be fair, but with difficulty, I accept what my life experience has shown me--that life is neither fair, nor unfair. It just is. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism spectrum disorders, but fortunately, my coping methods help some.

Good luck on the new website!

JCMYCO
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Aug 2017, 2:19 pm

That sounds like a great idea! I have experienced the same issue trying to find information for adults. I would be happy to assist if you like.

icechai
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Aug 2017, 11:06 pm

Thanks JCMYCO and questor! I will post an update when the website is up