anyone esles with abnormal food habits

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Relax_on_Standby
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Sep 2015, 2:19 am

When I was younger I lived off of ketchup sandwiches. Outgrew. That but but my new unbreakable habit has been ordering a double cheeseburger and eating the halves separately, that and reducing the contents my burritos to a thin paste lol

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 2:23 am

Whenever I have say, pierogies with dinner, I need to have an even amount of them. Food has to be evenly divided for me. Like a pizza has to be cut into 4 slices, or 6, or 8, etc.

I've always had this thing where things need to be even, it's hard to explain in all honesty.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 2:27 am

i eat condensed mushroom soup cold straight from the can. i like the puddingy consistency.

carcard
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Sep 2015, 2:56 am

supermarket

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 3:08 am

Well I just ate a bunch of chicken nuggets using long tweezers.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 3:12 am

I used to love ketchup on my cottage cheese when I was a kid.

54together
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Sep 2015, 3:59 am

I put butter inside my iced fingers.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 4:09 am

Put toast on table. Get canned whipped cream, spray and cover. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar (optinal chocolate sprinkles). Ta-da, cake. :wink:
I haven't made this in years though.

StaticWorld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Sep 2015, 12:45 pm

Everyone around me thinks I'm weird because I love fried onions. Fried onions are a delight.

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 12:53 pm

StaticWorld wrote:
Everyone around me thinks I'm weird because I love fried onions. Fried onions are a delight.

That's not weird. I love fried onions.

nerdymama
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Sep 2015, 1:04 pm

My preferred way of eating corn on the cob is twisting the kernels off and eating the one at a time. I take them off in a sort of spiral pattern. It's kind of fun.

When I was younger I made all sorts of weird food combinations. Some were kind of awesome (like freezing gummy bears in water so that they would expand and have a really cool texture) and some were just different (like putting raw spaghetti noodles in whatever drink I had then eating it after a few minutes, or microwaving and/or freezing a bunch of random combinations of things).

I also like to pick through mixtures and eat one type of food at a time (ex for mixed veggies eating the carrots then the corn then the peas).

Oh! And I love eating frozen vegetables still frozen!

sonicallysensitive
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Sep 2015, 3:53 pm

Here in the UK the average/typical diet is an abnormal food habit!

But I get what you mean.

And yes, I can't have different foods touching each other. Everything has to be separated/segregated on the plate.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 4:33 pm

Yeah, I don't like it when my food touches other food on my plate. For years I ate hamburgers without the bun part. Oh, and I absolutely looooove noodles, but only certain kinds and only when prepared in a certain way. One of my other favourite foods is gluten free cheerios covered in Louisiana hot and spicy powder, garlic, and tamari sauce and baked in an oven/toaster oven until crunchy and crispy. I'm kind of addicted to them so it's probably because of the garlic.
In short, I am an extremely picky eater.
Oh, and when I was little, I would get upset when a pattern wasn't finished [such as circle triangle square circle triangle--] or when something that I thought should be even wasn't even.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Relax_on_Standby
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Sep 2015, 7:14 pm

I remember I used to eat sandwiches plain, I couldn't eat it with anything that had a different hardness or temperature; no lettuce or tomatoes. I also used to remove pepperoni from my pizza and eat it separately. I don't do much of that anymore but I still get uncomfortable eating in front of strangers. Lol

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2015, 9:52 pm

I save the icing for last, every time I eat a piece of cake.

IgA
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Sep 2015, 10:04 pm

Relax_on_Standby wrote:
I remember I used to eat sandwiches plain, I couldn't eat it with anything that had a different hardness or temperature; no lettuce or tomatoes. I also used to remove pepperoni from my pizza and eat it separately. I don't do much of that anymore but I still get uncomfortable eating in front of strangers. Lol

I don't like eating in front of strangers either, or anyone I know. I only eat alone, because I hate the sound of chewing -- even my own. If someone around me starts eating or chewing gum I leave or go into another room. I tend to only snack rather than sit to have a whole meal. Part of it is due to hypoglycemia, but mostly it is because I hate the sound of chewing/crunching/swallowing -- snacking is the only tolerable way for me to eat.