Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 7:23 pm

Where everything seems to upset you and you are more sensitive to perceived rejections than at other times?

I seem to get days when everything seems to hurt me, which results in me wanting to lash out to get people to see how I am feeling. I generally lash out first, and only later manage to explain what the real problem is. I seem unable to be direct with my feelings.

Today, for example, I went to the optician as I had stopped getting letters about my new lenses having come into the store over 5 months ago and my lenses now hurt my eyes. The woman told me my account had been cancelled, and that I would have to get my dad to sign a form etc to set up the direct debit again. I got so angry and swore at the woman and left almost in tears.

Then someone on messenger didn't respond to my hellos and yet posted on a forum at the time I was waiting for a hello back so I told them to f off as I was so hurt by being ignored... to me, that is being ignored.

And I feel rejected when I see myself being excluded from things and want to lash out.

Does anyone else have days like this?
They are becoming more and more common for me. I feel unheard.

nitro2k01
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Apr 2007, 7:40 pm

I also feel this fear of getting rejected, but because of the way I was raised, I mostly turn this fear and the anger towards myself, rather than acting it out on others.
Refer to this blog post for a detailed description of how I feel around this.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 8:38 pm

Is something stressing you out? When I have days like that I usually have a lot of other crap going on that stresses me out. It's getting more common.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 8:46 pm

I'm experiencing it right now.

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 9:39 pm

Had this happen recently.

OddCoyote
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Apr 2007, 11:00 pm

Its called a bad day.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 11:06 pm

Yup. Totally. That would be one of the reasons I try to stay home as much as possible. I can relate. Some days my thin is a millimeter thicker than others, but for the most part I have no barrier between my nervous system and the world and it's pain, pain, pain. Sometimes this place gets to me, but for the most part I find that it helps me remember that it's okay to be me and that rejection or being ignored is only temporary or part of my crappy theory of mind. And I always know there's someone who can relate to whatever I'm going through. Always.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 11:13 pm

OddCoyote wrote:
Its called a bad day.

It's more than that.

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 11:14 pm

I like your avatar Graelwyn. It's the way I feel sometimes. I just want to fly away and sit on a rock in the middle of nowhere and think.

Just thought I would say something nice today since you seem to be having a irritating day. 8)

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 11:16 pm

ZanneMarie wrote:
I like your avatar Graelwyn. It's the way I feel sometimes. I just want to fly away and sit on a rock in the middle of nowhere and think.

Just thought I would say something nice today since you seem to be having a irritating day. 8)

I really love your avatar too. I want to be floating in space looking at it, alive ofcourse.

OddCoyote
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Apr 2007, 11:20 pm

Starbuline wrote:
OddCoyote wrote:
Its called a bad day.

It's more than that.

Yeah, I know. It happens to me to. Only Mines a whole lot different than other people, even aspies.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 11:22 pm

OddCoyote wrote:
Starbuline wrote:
OddCoyote wrote:
Its called a bad day.

It's more than that.

Yeah, I know. It happens to me to. Only Mines a whole lot different than other people, even aspies.

I see. My bad days are when I don't do my OCD rituals right most of the time. Something bad happens. >.>

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2007, 11:29 pm

I don't have bad days much.

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2007, 4:22 am

Yes I get days like that too. It's a horrible feeling. Hugs {{{{{{Graelwyn}}}}}}} :)

Noetic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2007, 6:35 am

Not on that level, more days where my senses are 'louder' and everything seems too much. Usually PMT manifests that way for me

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2007, 6:41 am

Yeah, I get that most of the time, especially with IMs because it's bloody rude.

The other parts may have something to do with bipolar disorder.