Do you know any mathematicians or PhD scientists diagnosed?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ylevental
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2015, 9:07 am

Who are some examples?

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2015, 9:27 am

I know some mathematicians and scientists who are clearly on the spectrum or BAP, but undiagnosed. They have university careers and people are tolerant of their quirks.

If they had not had the opportunity to obtain higher education and work in math or science in academia, I think they would have been diagnosed, but they are functional in their situations. Brilliant people.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2015, 11:05 am

He's not diagnosed, but I know a PhD physicist in his 50s who shows such clear signs of Asperger's that even his friends, co-workers and his teenage daughter actually openly josh around and say to him he can't possibly NOT be an aspie. It's kind of a a jokey thing but with realness behind it. His daughter even thinks he's exactly like Sheldon Cooper (another "not diagnosed but very diagnosable" package).

Similar to Adamantium's friends, he's in academia and is a brilliant person, so his quirks are not only overlooked but accepted and he's also not alone in his world. So he blends in. He married the first girl who asked him out when they were at university, and has simply flown under the radar.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2015, 2:44 pm

LabPet who posts on wp is diagnosed and phd scientist.
I am diagnosed and studying in phd program.
I am sure there are others, along with many BAPs in stem fields.