Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

aspieman350
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Sep 2015, 5:14 pm

Hi everyone, how are you? I was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome when I was 22 and then Paranoid Schizophrenia at age 30. I write books and am wondering if anyone would be interested in reading some of my books about autism. Please leave a message here if you are interested and I can share links with you. Have a great day!

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2015, 6:26 pm

I would be interested. I enjoy reading books about autism.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2015, 10:20 am

So do I! My main character in my latest book has Asperger's.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Templeton
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Sep 2015, 12:59 pm

Count me in.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 3:48 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
So do I! My main character in my latest book has Asperger's.

That's cool. I'm writing a book about a character with Asperger's too. What's your book about?

m6ceb
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Oct 2015, 3:19 pm

Me too! Sounds great :)

Diagnosed October 2015
I was 33 years old when I received my diagnosis and I can finally stop searching for the answer...

SpongeBobFan
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Oct 2015, 10:31 pm

Sure, I'd be happy to read it :D

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2015, 10:36 pm

I'd like to read it too. I'm also writing a story about a girl with AS.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2015, 8:04 pm

My story's a fantasy that takes place in a magical bookstore that is much bigger on the inside and actually a whole other world. The main character [Wyrd] is an Aspergian but also an Onmyouji who randomly ripples somewhere else whenever she feels overwhelmed or in danger. Of course, as is the custom for my books, nothing is as it initially seems...
What's your book about, AP?

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2015, 6:44 pm

Kuraudo777 wrote:
My story's a fantasy that takes place in a magical bookstore that is much bigger on the inside and actually a whole other world. The main character [Wyrd] is an Aspergian but also an Onmyouji who randomly ripples somewhere else whenever she feels overwhelmed or in danger. Of course, as is the custom for my books, nothing is as it initially seems...
What's your book about, AP?

My book is about a government that values productivity and achievement above all else. People who have disabilities are judged as being a detriment to the society's productivity, so they are locked up in asylums. The protagonist is a teenage girl, whose Asperger's is discovered after she has a sensory meltdown, and who is then locked in an asylum.

Your book sounds interesting. Do you give your character the same Asperger's symptoms as you have?

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2015, 7:53 pm

Yep, Wyrd's almost exactly like me [although I'm neither an Onmyouji nor a rippling anomaly!] She ends up going on an epic quest with her new family and discovering surprising things about herself and her past [I'm on Part 2 of 3 so far]. Feel free to pm me if you'd like to know more!

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2015, 8:13 pm

Count me in too!