Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Autismteen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Oct 2015, 3:02 pm

What's everyone elses sertraline doses? Been trying to figure out what doses are like? Not on the internet from people who have been through it. Don't no if that made any sence? I take a few other tablets like abilify and concerta and a hormone pill too.

Any help is open.
X

arachnids
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Oct 2015, 3:27 pm

I'm on 100mg. The nurse practitioner said that 50mg is the usual maintenance dose. I'm getting tachycardia and palpitations on 100mg 8O

I am not taking the damn Venlafaxine!

On Propranolol

I like cats, trees and spiders.

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act' George Orwell

Autismteen
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Oct 2015, 3:45 pm

Ah, I was getting low like suicide low so I think something's got to change, do you think the side effects will go away after a while? I'm on 100mg at the minuet dose goes up to 200mg on Friday I am nervous though, thanks for your help x

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2015, 5:04 pm

I'm on 50mg Sertraline. I started taking the medication about 18 months ago, and they're still working well.

I had to go on them because my emotional outbursts were getting out of control. I was hitting myself, yelling abuse at my family, kicking doors, crying and swearing. These started becoming frequent, like every 1-2 months, sometimes 3 or 4 months would go by without an outburst, then suddenly without warning something or someone would just push my buttons and I would explode again.

But ever since I've been on Sertraline I haven't had an outburst at all. I still get upset and angry, but it's still more under control, and I feel more normal.

When I first went on Sertraline, strangely it only took about 2 days to kick in. I noticed a positive change in my emotional behaviour right away. Really, just 2 days.

I'm not sure if I had any side effects or not. I remember the first few nights of being on them I woke up early hours of the morning and my vision was like slow motion, like I was high on some drug. But that only lasted about 4 nights and then didn't happen any more. It wasn't anything to worry about and it didn't affect me in the day. Also I used to get a weakness in the tops of my legs each time I yawned, but again that only lasted a short while too.

I don't think I have any side effects now. I'm not sure if they make me drowsy or not. But they stop the urge to scream and hit myself, that's for sure.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2015, 9:04 pm

My guess would be you're on a higher dosage than average, but not outrageously so. I've been at 100mg for a while. The only side effect I notice was stomach upset on occasion.

bguimaraes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Oct 2015, 9:48 pm

I'm on 25mg and I wish I could be on 100 or more :(

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2015, 7:40 am

I used to be on 100mg sertraline and it totally killed my sex drive!

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2015, 9:45 am

InsomniaGrl wrote:

Same here, in addition to other sexual side effects that might not be appropriate to bring up here. However I am on Wellbutrin now lets just say I can have a girl friend now :D

steve30
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Oct 2015, 1:19 pm

According to my old Sertraline leaflet, 200mg is the highest recommended.

I had 150mg. Didn't do me much good though.

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2015, 3:27 am

dcj123 wrote:
InsomniaGrl wrote:

Same here, in addition to other sexual side effects that might not be appropriate to bring up here. However I am on Wellbutrin now lets just say I can have a girl friend now :D

How do you find this drug, are thee any side effects that are bad? I recently tried Mirtazipine, did not get on with it though.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2015, 9:29 am

InsomniaGrl wrote:
dcj123 wrote:
InsomniaGrl wrote:

How do you find this drug, are thee any side effects that are bad? I recently tried Mirtazipine, did not get on with it though.

OMG A woman replied to my post! Lets date lol - thats a joke,

Anywho, my doctor recommended it because I told her I hate SSRI anti depressants because I am a zombie and can't have sex. She wanted me to try Wellbutrin and I've been on it two weeks and everythings working (cognitively and sexually). I was skeptical and it was over a year ago she recommended it but I've been so suicidal and depressed that if I didn't try it, I would probably be dead by now. I am still depressed but I needed something to hold on too and reason to get up in the morning. Even if its to take a med and stare at the wall all day. Even if my friends who meant the world to me hate me and its sad to say, the medication does at least keep me awake during the day.

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2015, 11:32 am

I was recently prescribed it as well 50mg for anxiety issues needless to say the first week it kicked my ass I was always sleeping and/or tired couldn't drive or focus in class, I'm nearing my 2nd week thus far seams to be helping as I now have a 'don't give a phuck' outlook meaning if something happens it will happen I'm not going to get anxious over it if it works great if it doesn't eh.

Thankfully, I'm on something that helps because I was getting tired of staying awake til 3am thinking about classes and other issues that I can't change then having to wake at 6am with little less then 3 hours of sleep.