Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2015, 6:02 pm

Have you ever been in an overwhelming situation or really frustrated and had a meltdown in front of someone and felt extreamly shamed or embarrassed afterword? I had an example of that recently at work deliverin pizza. I miss counted the change a customer gave and had to turn back to his house and give him the correct amount. Longstory short, I got confused, guy yelled at me, I had a meltdown fit back, yelled, screamed, and then threw all my money at him. He was upset and almost reported lucky he didn't. He did say he was a black belt in Martel arts if his wife wasn't there he would have decked me and broke me in half. I was relieves he didn't tell my work and kept my job but I felt very bad i got upset and evenworse that he said he wamted to use his expert martle arts on me- like I felt like he was a way better man then me. That made me feel very sh***y and that was only one of many times this has happened when having a meltdown. Relate?

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

Jozie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Nov 2015, 6:55 pm

Sounds like that guy started the jerkiness. Don't worry everybody behaves badly sometimes I think it becomes a bigger problem wen we continually dissect our behaviour. Its likely that the other guy isn't agonising over his his role in the situation.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2015, 8:49 pm

Yes, I can relate. I am a bit exhausted so my brain is not working properly so I can't specifically tell you about an example. But I do have blurred visions in my head or when I have had similar things happen. You are definitely not alone in this.

Wreck It Ralph

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 9:03 am

Yes, very often. When I was 19 I had a massive meltdown because it was snowing (I don't like the snow). The snow had been thawing all day, then when I thought it had gone, it snowed heavy again when it got dark. I looked out of the window and almost the whole street outside was covered in about 7 inches of more snow. Inside I was really frustrated, but I tried my hardest to try and approach this in a calm manner. So I walked into the living-room, where my uncle and his two children sat with my mum and my brother (which also stressed me out because the house felt messy and full of people), and I said, ''mum, it's been snowing again...'' Then my brother decided to egg me on, which suddenly pushed my buttons and all the frustration I was trying to keep under control just came pouring out. It made me run out of the room, slamming the door and yelling and throwing things about and stomping as hard as I could up the stairs and jumping around out of fury. It was because I felt helpless. Then I ran out in the snow and went all round the town on my own, just to calm down. But when I got back home, my mum wasn't that angry with me. But I felt embarrassed after that. My uncle and his children came round again the next day (it was raining by then so I was much happier!!), and I had to make up a lie to the children, saying that I had hurt my foot and so was stomping around, then accidentally knocked something heavy over upstairs and thought my mum would shot so I ran out the door. The youngest one believed me, but I don't think the older one did.

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 9:33 pm

:P

skibum wrote:
Yes, I can relate. I am a bit exhausted so my brain is not working properly so I can't specifically tell you about an example. But I do have blurred visions in my head or when I have had similar things happen. You are definitely not alone in this.

We both aren't a lone.

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 9:40 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Yes, very often. When I was 19 I had a massive meltdown because it was snowing (I don't like the snow). The snow had been thawing all day, then when I thought it had gone, it snowed heavy again when it got dark. I looked out of the window and almost the whole street outside was covered in about 7 inches of more snow. Inside I was really frustrated, but I tried my hardest to try and approach this in a calm manner. So I walked into the living-room, where my uncle and his two children sat with my mum and my brother (which also stressed me out because the house felt messy and full of people), and I said, ''mum, it's been snowing again...'' Then my brother decided to egg me on, which suddenly pushed my buttons and all the frustration I was trying to keep under control just came pouring out. It made me run out of the room, slamming the door and yelling and throwing things about and stomping as hard as I could up the stairs and jumping around out of fury. It was because I felt helpless. Then I ran out in the snow and went all round the town on my own, just to calm down. But when I got back home, my mum wasn't that angry with me. But I felt embarrassed after that. My uncle and his children came round again the next day (it was raining by then so I was much happier!!), and I had to make up a lie to the children, saying that I had hurt my foot and so was stomping around, then accidentally knocked something heavy over upstairs and thought my mum would shot so I ran out the door. The youngest one believed me, but I don't think the older one did.

Oh my god! That is so funny! Mainly because I relate. I have recently learned to stop myself during progression of this type of event but I've had them- and had to make up stories to cover myself too. This happened a few times at work too and tried to make up a story.

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2015, 9:47 pm

Jozie wrote:
Sounds like that guy started the jerkiness. Don't worry everybody behaves badly sometimes I think it becomes a bigger problem wen we continually dissect our behaviour. Its likely that the other guy isn't agonising over his his role in the situation.

I guess it was because he thought I was tryinh scam him when I miss counted the money. I can totally understand that. I didn't understand why he was yelling at me at the time. But i thought about it later and realized that was probably why. I also get paved when people use their martial arts as a one-up on you. The verbal words he said about wanted to kung-furthere or whatever at was almost as painful as him actually doing it. I, however, was so worried he was going to call my boss that that didn't piss me off until later. Ive been working on forgiveness though so I was at least able to dump that feeling quick but it was still a more challenging one.