Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2015, 11:12 am

StarTrekker, I like your avatar as it reminded me of when I used to play Star Trek Online.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 7:44 pm

bluegill wrote:
What do you do personally when people tell you to stop certain stimming behaviors? How does it make you feel?

I feel like I have to explain that I am stimming, not trying to be annoying. A lot of times, they want to know why I need to do it. Usually it's because I feel anxious or excited. Sometimes I am in a really good mood and somebody tells me to stop. It makes me instantly crabby and antisocial.

Tell them: "I'll stop stimming when you stop breathing" or " Go fvck yourself"

Ninibear
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Dec 2015, 9:00 pm

If non-family members tell me to stop, I'd say, "Oh, sorry," but feel extremely upset inside. If family members tell me to stop, I'd yell, "I CAN'T HELP IT!! !! !! !! !" or make a weird, annoyed shrieking sound in response.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 9:15 pm

This hurt me very much.

wronngbong
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Dec 2015, 4:33 am

i said voice frog

Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 9:25 am

No one has ever told me to stop stimming.

Sometimes the stimming of others bothers me. Especially when they make a tapping noise. I have never asked them to stop though.

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 12:22 pm

Edenthiel wrote:
skibum wrote:
Sethno wrote:
How would any of you reply to the question "Can't you stop that?"
I would say, "No, sorry but I can't."

You know what fascinates me? Someone again, for the million and twelfth time, just drove by my house blasting bass on stereo, invading my home and personal space with that noise to the point of making my physically ill. No one tells them to stop that. Why should I have to stop rocking?

Aaaand that's why NT people are so against stimming. Behaviors like blasting music are antisocial; their purpose is to impose on other people's space, consciousness, privacy & most of all bodily sovereignty. That's why often verbal stimming is far more disturbing to others; it imposes on them, where physical self-stimming does not (they don't have to look at me but cannot shut out my sounds. also I'm exceedingly sound sensitive so I understand that particular plight).

Sounds really get to me but I notice lot of people have that same problem too so therefore they tell you to stop. So I never did any stimming that made sounds.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Aspie202
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2015, 12:33 pm

My dad usually yells at me for biting my nails.