Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Arcnarenth
Raven
Raven

08 Dec 2015, 6:36 pm

Last Thursday I had a really bad meltdown at work. Long story short, I had to try to appease an irate customer which put me an hour behind my delivery schedule. Being rushed is a huge stress trigger for me. I was able to mostly hold it together at work and then did the whole screaming, crying, head banging thing when I got back home.

Well, I had hoped the worst was over after that meltdown, but instead it seems like things have just gotten generally worse in all aspects of my life. My sleeping habits become erratic. I'm not getting to sleep until 6am and then only sleeping a few hours. I'm extremely irritable one minute and on the verge of tears the next.

The worst of all of this though is the anxiety. Because of the holidays I have to cover for two coworkers this week which means more hours put in, but more work that has to be crammed into those hours.

To top it all off, the irate customer from last Thursday will have to be dealt with again on this Thursday. I'm freaking out because I'm afraid of a repeat meltdown. I had a mini-meltdown yesterday involving screaming and throwing things before I went into work.

Anyone else ever feel like a major meltdown is the catalyst for a prolonged period of general 'shittiness?' Any advice for 'weathering the storm?' I can't wait to get past this whole Christmas/New Years thing and onto another nondescript year... :cry:

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2015, 4:22 am

A meltdown is a traumatic event, it takes time to recover during which you are more vulnerable.

It would have been best if you were able to take a day off after melting down, going right back into the situation which triggered the meltdown in the first place is just asking for trouble.