Does any other VHFA/Aspie's have a love of numbers

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2015
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,579
Location: The Void

17 Dec 2015, 6:34 pm

Does any other VHFA/Aspie's have a love of numbers. Mine are 1,3,6,7,13, and 1337?


_________________
Ψ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ψ youtube.com/c/pieplup
ISTJ-A - HSP - 21 - AQ - 43 - EQ - 13 - SQ - 69 - RAADS-R - 196 - Aspie Quiz (AS:176/NT:30)
Professionally Diagnosed: with A.D.H.D., Dysgraphia, PDD-NOS, and Social Phobia. Possible PTSD

Ψ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ψ


Idealist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 7 Dec 2015
Age: 33
Posts: 443
Location: Edinburgh

17 Dec 2015, 6:38 pm

The number 5 is my favorite number.


_________________
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment, but the last step on the path to salvation.

Idealist wrote:
My Autism was cured/treated in late childhood (this makes me a walking, talking, contradiction to 90% of the Forum who all believe Autism is incurable)


Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jun 2015
Age: 18
Posts: 1,046
Location: Southern Ontario

17 Dec 2015, 6:40 pm

Of course, what's there not to love?


_________________
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on with prime numbers."

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider


Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Sep 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,513
Location: Positive-minded

17 Dec 2015, 6:42 pm

I like the numbers 7, 25, 21, 32


_________________
God-dependent, curious and self-studying Japanese


Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2015
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,579
Location: The Void

17 Dec 2015, 6:45 pm

I though so. I also like Puzzles, Codes, and Programing and Mostly Things that are one sided and Fimaler.


_________________
Ψ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ψ youtube.com/c/pieplup
ISTJ-A - HSP - 21 - AQ - 43 - EQ - 13 - SQ - 69 - RAADS-R - 196 - Aspie Quiz (AS:176/NT:30)
Professionally Diagnosed: with A.D.H.D., Dysgraphia, PDD-NOS, and Social Phobia. Possible PTSD

Ψ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ψ


TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Dec 2014
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,314
Location: Canada

17 Dec 2015, 7:22 pm

I do. My favourite digits are 1, 4, 5, 7, and 8. My favourite number is 14. I see this number as red. I don't have full-blown synesthesia, but sometimes I do associate colours with numbers.



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 66
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,891
Location: temperate zone

17 Dec 2015, 8:07 pm

Red outlined in black. Thats the number 6. My fav.



Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jun 2015
Age: 18
Posts: 1,046
Location: Southern Ontario

17 Dec 2015, 8:10 pm

TheAP wrote:
I do. My favourite digits are 1, 4, 5, 7, and 8. My favourite number is 14. I see this number as red. I don't have full-blown synesthesia, but sometimes I do associate colours with numbers.


I think about numbers similarly.

Synesthesia is common is more common in individuals with an autism spectrum disorder. I am not diagnosed with synesthesia but I think I have it.


_________________
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on with prime numbers."

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider


Rudin
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Jun 2015
Age: 18
Posts: 1,046
Location: Southern Ontario

17 Dec 2015, 8:11 pm

I associate:

Numbers with colours
Weekdays with colours
Letters with colours


_________________
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on with prime numbers."

-Paul Erdos

"There are two types of cryptography in this world: cryptography that will stop your kid sister from looking at your files, and cryptography that will stop major governments from reading your files."

-Bruce Schneider


Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2015
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,579
Location: The Void

17 Dec 2015, 9:16 pm

I love numbers to numbers like 3,6,9,13, and definitely 1337. My Favorite is 3 or 13.


_________________
Ψ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ψ youtube.com/c/pieplup
ISTJ-A - HSP - 21 - AQ - 43 - EQ - 13 - SQ - 69 - RAADS-R - 196 - Aspie Quiz (AS:176/NT:30)
Professionally Diagnosed: with A.D.H.D., Dysgraphia, PDD-NOS, and Social Phobia. Possible PTSD

Ψ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ψ


Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2015
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,579
Location: The Void

17 Dec 2015, 9:18 pm

I compare numbers to Colors, emotions, days, years, fixations, pokemon, and even people.


_________________
Ψ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ψ youtube.com/c/pieplup
ISTJ-A - HSP - 21 - AQ - 43 - EQ - 13 - SQ - 69 - RAADS-R - 196 - Aspie Quiz (AS:176/NT:30)
Professionally Diagnosed: with A.D.H.D., Dysgraphia, PDD-NOS, and Social Phobia. Possible PTSD

Ψ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ψ


Grahzmann
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2015
Age: 26
Posts: 326
Location: Oregon

17 Dec 2015, 11:24 pm

TheAP wrote:
I do. My favourite digits are 1, 4, 5, 7, and 8. My favourite number is 14. I see this number as red. I don't have full-blown synesthesia, but sometimes I do associate colours with numbers.

I like 14 as well but it's more of a green for me. :D



marcb0t
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Apr 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 589
Location: Washington

18 Dec 2015, 12:39 am

I'm into music which when you're programming tunes for old video game chipsets, there are definitely numbers involved.

I like these numbers for following reasons:

1 because of the NES DCPM bit depth for lofi sound samples

4 because there are 4 channels of sounds on the Sega PSG chipset, and you can also play 4 bit sound samples through it if you're savvy enough.

8 because the music runs off of 8 bit CPUs and you have 8 bit sound samples on Sega Genesis.

22,050 is the sample rate for my favorite mono standard.

Plenty more examples I could list.

I do enjoy seeing those numbers as if it were like a shiny object pleasing to the eye.


_________________
The cutest most lovable little rob0t on Earth! (^.^)


Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2015
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,579
Location: The Void

18 Dec 2015, 9:46 am

marcb0t wrote:
I'm into music which when you're programming tunes for old video game chipsets, there are definitely numbers involved.

I like these numbers for following reasons:

1 because of the NES DCPM bit depth for lofi sound samples

4 because there are 4 channels of sounds on the Sega PSG chipset, and you can also play 4 bit sound samples through it if you're savvy enough.

8 because the music runs off of 8 bit CPUs and you have 8 bit sound samples on Sega Genesis.

22,050 is the sample rate for my favorite mono standard.

Plenty more examples I could list.

I do enjoy seeing those numbers as if it were like a shiny object pleasing to the eye.

I am more of a Gameboy guy. :D :D


_________________
Ψ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ψ youtube.com/c/pieplup
ISTJ-A - HSP - 21 - AQ - 43 - EQ - 13 - SQ - 69 - RAADS-R - 196 - Aspie Quiz (AS:176/NT:30)
Professionally Diagnosed: with A.D.H.D., Dysgraphia, PDD-NOS, and Social Phobia. Possible PTSD

Ψ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ψ


marcb0t
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Apr 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 589
Location: Washington

18 Dec 2015, 9:56 am

Pieplup wrote:
marcb0t wrote:
I'm into music which when you're programming tunes for old video game chipsets, there are definitely numbers involved.

I like these numbers for following reasons:

1 because of the NES DCPM bit depth for lofi sound samples

4 because there are 4 channels of sounds on the Sega PSG chipset, and you can also play 4 bit sound samples through it if you're savvy enough.

8 because the music runs off of 8 bit CPUs and you have 8 bit sound samples on Sega Genesis.

22,050 is the sample rate for my favorite mono standard.

Plenty more examples I could list.

I do enjoy seeing those numbers as if it were like a shiny object pleasing to the eye.

I am more of a Gameboy guy. :D :D

Are you sure?

Here's a couple of tracks I made that can play off of a Game Gear (Sega's portable) which has that 4 channel chip I described:
Listen to Tarzan Boy (SMS Version) by marcb0t #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/marcb0t/tarzan-boy-sms-version

and

Listen to DEMO Rob0t In Action by marcb0t #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/marcb0t/demo-r0bot-in-action


_________________
The cutest most lovable little rob0t on Earth! (^.^)


Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2015
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,579
Location: The Void

18 Dec 2015, 11:46 am

You want to see a picture of my irl Gameboy Color It's Aqua. Image


_________________
Ψ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ψ youtube.com/c/pieplup
ISTJ-A - HSP - 21 - AQ - 43 - EQ - 13 - SQ - 69 - RAADS-R - 196 - Aspie Quiz (AS:176/NT:30)
Professionally Diagnosed: with A.D.H.D., Dysgraphia, PDD-NOS, and Social Phobia. Possible PTSD

Ψ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ψ