Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Dec 2015, 11:00 pm

I have a rare low vision disorder which causes me to be sensitive to lighting conditions. I see better in lower light than brighter lights but I don't like really dim light.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 1:57 pm

I'm afraid of the dark, especially outside, and actually OP, just looking at the picture you posted of the dark alleyway scared me a little! I hate walking around darkened houses, even my own, because I always feel like there's something creeping up behind me. During episodes of visual sensory overload, I'll sit in my bedroom with all the lights off, but I'll still keep my snake's heat lamp on so I can see my surroundings. I find dimly lit rooms cozy and inviting, but not completely dark ones.

As long as I'm with someone else, I'm fine walking around outside at night, but I hate doing it by myself; it makes me very anxious. I always have to be beside or in front of the person I'm with, because if I'm behind them, it feels like I'm straggling, and whatever is waiting behind us in the dark is going to pick me off if I don't keep up.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 2:09 pm

Not a fan of the sun. Prefer the dark and nighttime. Light bothers me greatly. Makes me sleepy and triggers a sinus reaction when my eyes tear up from the glare. Sometimes that makes me sneeze. Sometimes it just makes breathing difficult.

Yeah, love the night.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 10:07 pm

I can't say that I do. I have a fear of the dark. If I'm anywhere where it's pitch dark, I start to see shadows and strange things. I need to have a night light or some other dim light on when I'm sleeping. I remember trying out the idea of sleeping in my sister's bedroom when she was at her friend's for a sleep over when I was 11, just as she did the weekend before when I was sleeping over at a friend's place. I couldn't bear it. I went back into my bedroom where my alarm clock and night light were.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2015, 6:16 am

I want light - lots of it! Being inside a dark building is too scary,but I don´t mind walking the streets of my hometown at night though - so far.
I also like fog - and wandering the beach in foggy weather, like Kraftiekortie suggests, can offer beautiful sceneries. Personally I´d do it with a blue filter on my camera as this can deepen the sense of mystery. :)