Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 3:05 am

I do feel uncomfortable in dark places outside but they feel so peaceful and it attracts me for some unknown reason. I mean, how could you not want to take a walk there:

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 5:05 am

Yes, I like dark places. I stay in the dark pretty much 24/7. Except when I HAVE to go out into the real world.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 7:52 am

I'm nocturnal so it's a love/hate situation. I push against it because I want to function and 99% of things you have to do in the human world need to be done during the day. So I'm pleased to be around during the day, but it's unnatural. I like the softness of the dark, the cool, more places to hide, less exposure.

Torstin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Dec 2015, 8:43 am

I find that I prefer the early morning because of cover of darkness. It is peaceful and a time for reflection and solitude, or simply tranquility and relaxation. There is no other time of day that I feel a lack of anxiety. This is in part because I'm the only one awake at this time and isolated.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 11:16 am

I'm a wolfman. Of course I enjoy the dark.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 2:09 pm

The pics in OP make me feel uncomfortable and alert.

I have a preference for dim lights though. Too bright lighting isn't exactly pleasant to look into.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 2:33 pm

I just like the look of the industrial concrete and bricks engulfed in darkness. It has some sort of eerie yet serene feeling to it.

CynicalCat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Dec 2015, 3:49 pm

Depends on the place really. I like being in a dark, silent room when I'm trying to relax. But dark halleys and forests and the like just make me nervous.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 5:11 pm

No, I'm afraid of the dark. I need a nightlight to sleep still, and need a light on me near constantly as long as I am awake.

Varelse
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Dec 2015, 6:20 pm

Dark alleys, not so much. People I don't want to meet might be lurking there. Dark outside and in the wild, yes. Until I hear coyotes calling, or wolves howling, or that unidentifiable 'whuffing' or rustling from "way too close for comfortville". 8O

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 7:13 pm

No, I'm very much the opposite. Darkness increases my tendency toward depression; it feeds it. Light and brightness or at least warm and cheerful "lowlighting" helps me not to feel depressed. When I was younger some of the years I spent insomniac and never seeing daylight, and keeping my room darkly lit, I see now as the most oppressive and depressing period of my life. It was when I changed my habits and hours and literally put light into my physical world that I came out of that. I need light, lots of light to function well and happy.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2015, 10:45 pm

I tend to like darkness, but for whatever reason it goes a bit beyond that in my case.

If it promises to be not only dark but also what is typically considered creepy/spooky, chances are I'll like the place quite a bit. I end up feeling comfortable in places that make most people a little paranoid. And note that I'm not anywhere near a city or something like that... absolute middle of bloody nowhere. So places like that arent just creepy/spooky but also very, very EMPTY.

Friends of mine typically cant stand places like that.

Other than that, I'm also very nocturnal. I'm not exactly fond of daytime, really. It's very, very rare that I'm up and out during the day whatsoever.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2015, 8:37 am

CynicalCat wrote:
Depends on the place really. I like being in a dark, silent room when I'm trying to relax. But dark halleys and forests and the like just make me nervous.

I love dark forests. I once drove through a redwood forest in California about 45 minutes after sunset. It was almost completely dark, and I had my head lights on. But there was still just enough light filtering down through the trees to illuminate the forest in a dark purple color. It was awesome. I stopped the car several times just to enjoy it. But then it was getting too dark, so I left.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2015, 8:52 am

I am a Wolfman....but in my human moods, I'm beginning to like the light better than the darkness....though I still like doing things like walking on the beach in the fog (though I still want to see the sea).

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2015, 9:04 am

I am the night :twisted:. I realized that unless I'm in Puma/Bear territory at night I'm probably the most dangerous thing out there. I ain't afraid of no ghosts! :lol:

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2015, 2:15 pm

When I get sensory overload. I like to go to a dark, quiet room to decompress. So ya! I do like the darkness at times.