Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2016, 8:26 pm

I recently had a flashback about my sister... :cry: It was rather depressing it was a Memory of her trying to force me to "play doctor" :( It also reminded me about how many times this has happened to me in my lifetime. (It is like 3).

Dennis Prichard
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Jan 2016, 8:32 pm

I suffer from flashbacks a lot too, they're a real drag.

Justeve
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2016, 8:35 pm

I have flashbacks also, they make me feel sick.

Adam_K93
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Jan 2016, 8:37 pm

In my dreams and during the day. I consistently live in the past involuntarily.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2016, 7:17 am

I usually have them about past trauma.

Jamieohs
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Jan 2016, 7:46 am

I get them occasionally as well, some are of good memories which I don't mind having whereas others are of particularly bad memories which I dont really like to think about and I'd rather forget ever happened.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2016, 9:37 am

Yep. Flashbacks. I have them too.
When I put in some time and effort, I'm sometimes able to partially sort them out.

VisInsita
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jan 2016, 2:25 pm

I have good ones and bad ones. Something might trigger for example a beautiful memory, like mum saying something kind or stroking my hair.

Bad ones are nowadays unfortunately very frequent, because of the trauma I suffered during the last years. I remember their words, harassment and all that it took from me. I get these periods still daily when I want to hurt myself and the emotional pain is almost intolerable.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2016, 4:00 pm

Most of them are from my Frequent trauma as a little kid not during my first 7 years once did there go a year without trauma.

livnah
Raven
Raven

08 Jan 2016, 4:24 pm

Strange.. I have about 150 per day, but I've never thought to try to classify them as good or bad or anything else.

VisInsita
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jan 2016, 4:58 pm

livnah, I just want to specify that with flashback I don't refer to any memory, for I too experience probably hundreds of memories in a day. I am also a visual thinker, so there is anyways a constant visual imagery filling my mind.

To me flashback means something else. It's hard to describe it though... There is strong emotional involvement, like you would be experiencing it all over. I guess it goes with trauma or very strong positive emotion.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2016, 5:11 pm

It is almost always is a really bad memory :(