Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Reboot895
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Jan 2016, 3:40 pm

Undiagnosed, suspect, but things don't necessarily add up. I've ran some tests, any thoughts on the following:

AQ between 31 and 41 depending on how I interpret the questions.
EQ 22
SQ 60
FQ 71

Eyes in the Mind (looking at the answers) 27
Eyes in the Mind (not looking at the answers) 14

AS you can see AQ and EQ are the anomaly ones here. Whether SQ and FQ could be learned behaviour?

The interesting one is the reading the mind in the eyes test.

If I do it while looking at the answers, I get 27. Normal NT score. If I do it while looking at the eyes and trying to guess the emotion, I get something which doesn't even exist in the choices. Mostly I'll get Happy, Sad, and "that face makes me feel angry", I might extrapolate a couple of more words like, guilty looking, concerned, concerned about something... So without looking at the answers, I get 14. When I uncover the answers, I quickly work out which one it is. Thre's a few faces where I'll get "Happy", there's only one happy answer but it's say Flirting with three negative emotions, it's clearly not flirting though so I actually end up putting the emotion on the face from the choices. Very quickly.

I have absolute zero idea what any of these actually mean. Is it possible to be Aspie with a normal SQ and FQ?

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2016, 4:47 pm

For the reading the mind in the eyes test, the test is designed for people to look at the answer choices and choose one, not to fill in the blank themselves, so the 27 score is appropriate to use.

Reboot895

12 Jan 2016, 4:52 pm

Ahh Ok. One of the sets of instructions I read suggested "You are supposed to look at the pictures and take the first answer that pops into your head, then select the most appropriate word."

That's wrong then.

Thanks.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2016, 4:56 pm

I think the instruction is trying to copy the original expt showing the pictures, but it doesn't work unless you are doing the expt trial by trial. In the expt, they might show the picture with no words, then pause, then show the words, then you have to choose a word. I forgot what they did specifically in the expt, where the score distributions are originally from. But it was definitely choose a word, not fill in the blank from nothing.