Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2018, 12:33 pm

I'm surprised you all actually know your score. My diagnosis doesn't include my ADOS score; it only says that the ADOS was used as part of the assessment.

So I have no idea what my score was.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2018, 3:45 pm

A Wikipedia LINK discussing ADOS is in order; as I've never heard of ADOS. Regardless of how well-thought out Autism assessment scales are developed, I put very-little stock in such surveys.

LINK: Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_Di ... n_Schedule

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2019, 8:39 pm

With mine I was only told in the report that the social communication score was 3 and social interaction score was 5. Imagination/creativity and stereotyped behaviours and restricted interests were not mentioned with the ADOS -2.

The overall report indicated with social imagination that I didn't know how to properly play as a child(info from sister) . I also was seen as having ' An encompassing preoccupation with one or more stereotyped and restricted patterns of interest that are abnormal in content or focus....' etc.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2019, 12:53 pm

I was only told my total score: 7 and that this was apparently 1 below the cutoff of 8, although my evaluator said it's normal for high-functioning adults to score sub-clinical on the ADOS. Never told the sub-scores.

KeepOn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 May 2019, 4:07 pm

Does none of the criteria cover sensory issues?! Is this not something they care about during diagnosis?

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2019, 12:59 pm

KeepOn wrote:
Does none of the criteria cover sensory issues?! Is this not something they care about during diagnosis?

The ADOS is only one part of an autistic evaluation not the end all be all. It's a useful tool for diagnosis but just one of the tools.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2019, 11:46 pm

I responded to this thread three years ago, but recently took the ADOS again for my re-eval. I didn't get a score this time (which I find slightly frustrating) but I'll share what was written:

Quote:
ADOS -2 - StarTrekker completed Module 4 of the ADOS at XXX on April 15, 2019. S.H served
as examiner. She obtained a score within the range of Autism, moderate symptoms.
StarTrekker presented as a very articulate, bright, polite young woman who was really interesting to talk with
on a variety of topics (e.g., Star Trek, dinosaurs, politics/ethics). Although some of the activities
appeared to be challenging and possibly anxiety-producing, StarTrekker participated in every activity
presented to her and appeared to be doing her best to respond completely and thoroughly.

StarTrekker communicated in complex sentences, using an advanced and, at times, precise vocabulary. She rarely
looked directly at the examiner and rarely used gestures to describe or add emphasis to her
verbalizations. She spoke in a quiet voice, with clear emotional markers for enthusiasm when
discussing her favorite topics, however, her voice tone didn't shift noticeably to communicate other
affective states. She took her time formulating her thoughts before speaking and her thoughtful,
deliberative style conveyed a genuine attempt to respond honestly to each question she was asked.

Most of the time, StarTrekker tended to hold her body very still, which appeared to take some effort; and
when strong interests arose in conversation, she moved her whole body back and forth excitedly, while
moving her arms and hands in bursts of excitement and apparent joy.
StarTrekker responded appropriately to all of the initiations by the examiner, and worked hard to keep
conversations flowing; however, this was markedly easier for her when the topics were of strong
interest to her. StarTrekker frequently made interesting and insightful comments, demonstrating a clear
personal point of view on several issues (e.g., importance of compassion/truth telling). Her knowledge
on several topics (e.g., birds, dinosaurs) was quite impressive and she explained complex concepts in
clear, well-organized ways. She appeared to be concentrating quite hard in order to listen to the
examiner and showed resilience by participating so actively in this intensive 1:1 interaction.

Although StarTrekker was very effective in communicating factual information or describing the sequence of
events in a story, she presented with significant difficulty in a task that requires generating an
imaginative story with 5 unrelated objects. She accepted help with the task and once each object was
given a role in the story, she could collaborate on a narrative. This difficulty shifting her idea about an
object from its "real-life" function to an imaginary function was notable and reflected some of her
challenges as a highly intellectually competent adult trying to navigate the less rational, "gray areas" of
social-emotional thinking. Overall, StarTrekker showed good cognitive understanding of several
socioemotional concepts, but reported difficulty putting them into practice consistently and fluidly in a
reciprocal way. She has a strong sense of personal responsibility and has clearly been quite self reliant throughout her life. At times, she is misunderstood by others, but she has developed a kind, empathic way of accepting that other people may not have the experience to understand her. She reported several examples of how she uses reasoning and logic to figure out social situations. StarTrekker presented in a manner consistent with Asperger Syndrome. Although no longer an official clinical
diagnosis, there may be much to be learned about StarTrekker’s style by exploring the literature developed
for and by people with Asperger Syndrome (now considered part of “Autism Spectrum Disorder”).

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

laurenm
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jul 2019, 2:10 pm

I know this is an old thread but can someone please tell me what this means? This is my most recent evaluation, preciously I had an autism diagnosis but I got these scores and don’t know how to interpret them.

ADOS Scale 2 Mod 4
Language and communication- 14
Reciprocal social- 13
Imagination- 3
Stereotypes behavior and restricted interests-9
Other abnormal behaviors- 8

CultOfByron
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jul 2019, 2:33 pm

Just wondering, I've just been looking through all my NHS correspondences regarding my diagnosis and can't find anything regarding ADOS, is this a post-Asperger's DSM-V thing or not something the UK/NHS uses?

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2019, 7:41 am

CultOfByron, it's not a new test, but it's possible that your assessor didn't use it. It's a fairly major autism test, at least in the US, but it's possible that it's not used as often in other countries.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2019, 4:46 pm

A couple of months ago I had a feedback appointment at which I was told my diagnosis, but I have not yet received my detailed report, so I don't know my exact test scores yet.

Googling, I found a page of sample autism evaluation reports for two children plus a teenager and an adult. The reports for the teenager and the adult include scores for the ADOS Module 4, and the author's interpretation thereof. Note that this page makes references to the DSM IV, so things may have changed since then.

lollygangster
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 May 2023, 4:23 am

ADOS-2 Module 4 2022 australia

Communication - 7 - cutoff 2
Reciprocal social intereaction - 12 - cutoff 4
Total - 19 - cutoff 7
Level 1 functional severity
Also used was
RAADS-R - 154 - cutoff 65
EQ - 15 - cutoff below 30

cognative assesment and adhd questionaire also used

honestly didnt even notice the ados scores on my report till someone mentioned about theirs 8 months later then went searching trying to figure out what they mean. cutoffs wernt provided on mine but i believe these are the cutoffs from looking at others

purplepuffin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 May 2023, 9:31 am

lollygangster wrote:
ADOS-2 Module 4 2022 australia

Communication - 7 - cutoff 2
Reciprocal social intereaction - 12 - cutoff 4
Total - 19 - cutoff 7
Level 1 functional severity
Also used was
RAADS-R - 154 - cutoff 65
EQ - 15 - cutoff below 30

cognative assesment and adhd questionaire also used

honestly didnt even notice the ados scores on my report till someone mentioned about theirs 8 months later then went searching trying to figure out what they mean. cutoffs wernt provided on mine but i believe these are the cutoffs from looking at others

I am surprised you only ended up with level 1 with such extreme scores! What other tests did you take?

Mine were 4 for communication and 8 for social interaction. I ended up with level 2. I did score as low functioning in most areas in the ABAS-3 so that could be it.