Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 7:29 am

...But its not exactly precisely for ' 100 % good ' reasons ! I'm glad I got still another tablet , and I have set it up , and am listening to music on it - but its --- what ??? --- weeks since my last tablet was stolen , from this last shelter ?
I bought new shoes today , too , but , obviously I can't do that indefinitely (the tablets , more) - This is not just my third tablet since Íve been here in this shelter , its at least my SIXTH tablet/laptop that I've had - and had stolen/lost - since late 2014 or so , which itself does not count two previous smartphones stolen in 2014 :( .

Oh , and I had my busking musical instruments and stuff and the case that held them plus whatever does stolen , while I was in the store (on Market Street) where I bought the tablet , the various stuff being very well inside the store ! :(
Listeningbto music and expressing myself this late nghtnrather than not expressing myself feels good - but I will have been literally ALL NIGHT thisnnigh , I'll have to pay for it , and, too , partly to console myself for the stolen busking stuff , I really junk-fooded out , as well as Chinese food, bringing it back to the shelter , which I'm not really supposed to by the rules (They had done monthly pesticid-ing yestermorning) , also a load of soda/crap Hi t drinks - Relish , but um , I'm diabetic !
Oh , and , I will have to sleep with this tablet , I guess , to keep it from being stolen !

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 7:51 am

I'm glad to hear it. :)

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 9:10 am

...It gets hard to write at length on these little tablets ? Did everything I said get across , despite miss writes andsmushingtogether , CR ? :P

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 3:10 pm

It's good to see you back.

Please do keep that tablet carefully covered. Can it fit under your T-shirt wedged into your jeans? If so, I'd do that. At least keep it under the bedspread.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 6:08 pm

...I am now rather cherishing this maybe overly romantic thought of going to Austin , TX , and being a street musian there...I need to get new instruments , I play kind of you/percussion instruments , accompanying my singing - The last ones I had were some shakers ,(themselves about $19) , a couple of kazoos , and some jingle/shaking bells , for that Phil Spector kind of effect...I felt I needed more - Now I gotta start all ove. r again.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 6:12 pm

It sometimes get colder than San Francisco in Austin. It can go down into the teens and 20's at times. Though you also have days in the 70s, too.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 7:01 pm

....I meant I played " toy instruments " .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 7:26 pm

...Yeah , I had seen that ,bregarding Austin temperatures . Much of my family went to UT-Austin at one point or another , pretty much all who did. , in fact .
Also , maybe being in AU TX would grant me some legal standing to try and investigate/probe my sh***y cousins' shittiness towards me :cry: while being safely away from their home county .
Problem: I do believe TX has lower SSDI benefits and I do think Austin cops might have at least some of their number not asvtolerant toward homeless beggars ,beven if they do , upon occasion , provide a service/" work " , in a sense , by providing some local color - Especially when they , one generation removed or not , instantly sound Yankee the second they open their mouth ?
Well , I guess I'll just have to pay my dues some more ! :P

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 7:29 pm

Austin has a reputation for being more liberal than most of Texas.

It's a nice city. I've been there once. It's the state capital.

Yep....like most Southern places, all benefits are lower than in places in the North.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2016, 7:59 pm

...Falling asleep , while in the hospital to a PBS concert show of a tribute-to-Willie-Nelson concert from AU , with former President HW Bush and Barbara in the audience , he looking completely white , helped me down this path...

dinetahrisingsun
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jan 2016, 11:01 pm

I had to sleep on my phone when I was at one shelter.... Didn't like that much so got a nice cozy fleece jacket with zip up pockets and slept with it in the pocket. If your tablets are getting stolen this often you have to keep them with you 24/7.