Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 12:39 pm

Is it just me, or do a lot of people have really poor reading comprehension? Whenever I post an opinion online, (which I try not to do very often precisely because of this issue) one or more people invariably misread my position, become enraged, and start fighting with me.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 1:16 pm

I have had this happen on several places. I noticed on Babycenter many people seemed to be illiterate and many people there seemed to have communication issues because other people would read their OP and misinterpret it. Drama would always break loose. That is why I quit going there because I got tired of it and I was too afraid to post there anyway.

I noticed on Fetlife that people didn't seem to write what I wrote but I noticed this with others too.

On another website someone referred my blog I have in my url here as "whiny."

On another forum my posts have been misinterpreted several times and one of them got seen as me bragging just because I wrote how my parent shave always paid for me if something was too expensive I needed so I wouldn't be in debt.

From what I have been told by a online friend, it's the internet so people don't even care if they understand or not and they don't even care if they are wrong or not. They don't know you so they don't care.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 1:20 pm

^ what she said.

The internet is a big playground for insecure people to play around creating drama that is lacking in their real life because they are too timid to engage. One big sandbox (which unfortunately I think the cat discovered).

Don't take it personally.