Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

seloran
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Feb 2016, 7:52 pm

For me right now, nothing really. Time just passes on its own.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 8:01 pm

It sounds like you're pretty down.

Have you any interests that are special?

Idealist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Feb 2016, 8:03 pm

seloran wrote:
What keeps you going?

Hope. :roll:

Idealist wrote:
My Autism was cured/treated in late childhood (this makes me a walking, talking, contradiction to 90% of the Forum who all believe Autism is incurable)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 8:05 pm

Are the Scottish Highlands really beautiful? I'd like to go there sometime.

Idealist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Feb 2016, 8:26 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Are the Scottish Highlands really beautiful?

That is the generally expected opinion of the "Scottish Highlands" yes, but I don't think I fully appreciate them the same way that a tourist might.

It's like Edinburgh Castle, it's sheer grandeur and magnificence leaves most tourists feeling somewhere between enamored and enraptured. Though for those of us who live here, we've seen it almost everyday for as long as we can remember, there are some who have never even been to visit the castle, it's become mundane and boring.

The Highlands are like that, and if you stop to think about it, both really are beautiful, but you'll very quickly fall back into the "Same s**t, different day." frame of mind.

Idealist wrote:
My Autism was cured/treated in late childhood (this makes me a walking, talking, contradiction to 90% of the Forum who all believe Autism is incurable)

seloran
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Feb 2016, 8:33 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

I would say gaming and playing music are what used to be my hobbies, but lately I find they are not worth my effort.

I mean I can already see what I need to do to get to a game's ending since I have finished it before, and there aren't many games that interest me lately. I can practise playing music a lot, but there isn't an audience I would like to perform to.

Idealist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Feb 2016, 8:43 pm

seloran wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I would say gaming and playing music are what used to be my hobbies, but lately I find they are not worth my effort.

Only lately?

Those hobbies are what we call "time burners/killers" in that they serve no other purpose than to burn/kill time.

Have you considered taking part in a sport or some kind of physical activity? Most of those tend to improve physical fitness and promote good health, which would leave you feeling like you've accomplished something worthwhile with your time.

Idealist wrote:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 8:44 pm

I think you're going through the doldrums. And you don't feel there's a way out. But there are many ways out.

There's many things you could do with music--especially in this age of computers. You could even do what Edward Munch, an artist, did when he was depressed and frustrated: create something which conveys his depression and frustration. He did "The Scream." Perhaps you could do something like it?

You live in a big city. I'm sure you could find some sort of club for people who like music. Or who play music.

Yep...winter in Canada can be depressing! Think of it this way: it's two months until spring in Toronto.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2016, 8:56 pm

In my case: Curiosity... And chasing it without anxiety.

Or just plain boredom. I don't rush to the deadline, I 'wait' AT the 'deadline'.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 1:29 am

Usually it's some form of special interest or work. When my interests shift it can create a period of 'non-activity' so to speak. Just a bit of floundering while the mind tries to settle on something.

Right now, studying math and really having to work hard to keep at it. It's part discipline, part special interest. But it's not the shiny object I want to dive into at this time. I really want to do it, but overall, I'm in that transitional period and it's a bit defeating. Just gotta do it. Discipline.....sucks sometimes LOL

Are you experiencing something like that?

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 3:43 am

Music & unrestrained thought. Also, caffeine, literature, design, bikes & fast shiny things.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 11:29 am

A high-fibre diet and drinking lots of liquid.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 11:47 am

A deeply ingrained strong instinct for survival. That I sometimes wish I did not have.

Quill
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 12:41 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
A high-fibre diet and drinking lots of liquid.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Quill
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 12:43 pm

My special interests and my family keep me going, as well as hope for my future.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2016, 1:08 pm

My research topics keep me motivated to do more with what I have to work with. In science, there are always questions to solve and puzzle pieces to put together to formulate future challenges. Sometimes the thrill of the chase can be better than the end result. You just never know what new direction an answer may lead you to.