What was your first Special interest?

Page 3 of 8 [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

100000fireflies
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 3:07 am

Unfortunate_Aspie_ wrote:
tetris wrote:
Hats. I apparently had a thing for hats, I always get told I used to love hats. I do still quite like hats. My grandad had all these old replica world war 1 and 2 hats, hats bought at wimbledon and lots of other stuff.
And then dinosaurs, I absolutely adored dinosaurs.

Haha! this wasn't my first interest by far, but somewhere around 12-ish I started to love socks. And then when I hit like 18, I LOVED socks, pretty sure I have some kind of sock fetish- I love socks! bright ones, short ones, long "thigh-high" ones, thick socks, socks with patterns, silk socks, cotton socks polyester socks, SOCKS!! ! ! I love them all. Socks with "heat tech" in them socks lined with silver, crew socks, ankle socks, running socks, compression socks, socks with 90 angles at the heel, socks over socks.... all of the socks. Minimalist socks, crazy weird socks you see on fashion runways....
:heart:

Have you seen http://www.sockdreams.com/ ?
What? No. I most certainly do not have a giant drawer of socks all neatly rolled and organized by length.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 7:46 am

Mine, was Nemo, I had Nemo everything, I even had a Nemo toy bind to keep my Nemo stuff in it. It is quite ironic that my Current (Main) Special interest is so similar, I also like it for much the same reason.

LaetiBlabla
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 8:08 am

poetry

Last edited by LaetiBlabla on 14 Feb 2016, 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

LaetiBlabla
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 8:14 am

No, actually before poetry was foreign languages, spending all my time at kindergarten trying to understand a Dutch speaking child. (i never made it :) )

Languages is still one of my interests now.

Jamieohs
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Feb 2016, 8:23 am

Mines been cars since I was about 4

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 8:24 am

My first special interest was baby buggies, I was fascinated by the smell of them, the fabric, the chrome frame, the spoked wheels.
Around age 3 I got really obsessed with them, I remember I was put to sit in front of a panorama baby buggy out of green cord fabric and I liked the colour and the material so much.
I started to cut out pictures of baby buggies out of magazines and glued them on white paper, lining them up.
I started to draw them again and again and again.
When I was older I went to the department store in town and on the forth floor there was the department for baby buggies and I would be there for hours, looking at them, touching them, sniffing them.
The salespersons just let me be there.
I was obsessed with them until about age 11 when my obsession for airplanes started.
Now I still look them up on the internet (babybuggies from the 1970's and 1980's) and sometimes I consider starting to buy them and restore them and collect them or maybe sell the restored ones, but I have no room for it but I would really love to do it.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 8:49 am

The first major special interest I can remember was cars, when I was about 8 or 9. However, what interested me most was the interiors. Oddly at that time only Detroit models interested me. Every time I saw a particular model on the street, when out shopping with my mother, I had to run over and look inside it.

I probably had special interests before that but at the time they seemed perfectly normal from my POV so I don't remember them that way. The car thing is the first clear-cut example I can think of.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

14 Feb 2016, 11:00 am

Dinosaurs!

First movie I ever saw in theaters was Jurassic Park, I was around ~2 years old when it came out and apparently I requested to go see it.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 11:21 am

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 11:30 am

Sucking my thumb. It's pretty much all I wanted to do until I was forced to quit at age 5. I'd just sit in the corner, sucking my thumb, twiddling my hair, and watching the kaleidoscope of colors that was the world, in a completely dazed state. That's what I remember from my childhood.

DestinedToBeAPotato
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: floating on the molecular clouds of interstellar space

14 Feb 2016, 12:46 pm

Space/Astronomy - I watched every documentary there was, was obssessed with encyclopedias surrounding space and had to have everything space oriented. Used to bore people to death with my obsession with space. - I still love space and astronomy to this day!

In my pre-teens I was obssessed with hello kitty and anime. Everything had to be hello kitty. EVERYTHING.

creepycrawly36
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Feb 2016, 12:57 pm

Rocks

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 1:56 pm

Space/Astronomy/Psychics is my Life-time special interest.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 2:21 pm

Appendectomies. As a toddler I played doctor with my dolls and they all had appendectomies. :)

I never actually wanted to have an appendectomy--I still have my appendix as an adult. I was more fascinated with surgery and medicine itself.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

alk123
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Feb 2016, 3:39 pm

When I was 4 to 6 years old, it was ceiling fans. Had a strange obsession with them.

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 6:01 pm

Pieplup wrote:
Mine, was Nemo, I had Nemo everything, I even had a Nemo toy bind to keep my Nemo stuff in it. It is quite ironic that my Current (Main) Special interest is so similar, I also like it for much the same reason.

I have three cats and the male one's name is Nemo!
He looks very similar to the cat in avatar of member Yigeren.
I like the avatar of member Yigeren.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.