Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 9:17 am

Has anyone ever had success with Abilify REDUCING anxiety? It is sometimes prescribed for ASD and OCD. It actually increases my anxiety, but it makes those features/symptoms worse, not better.

Friesland = a province in the Netherlands. Pronounced so that it rhymes the English word "free" (not "fry"). I live in the USA, but I have a Frisian surname and all-Dutch ancestry. Just a minor Aspie obsession of mine.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 12:44 pm

If it was prescribed for anxiety and you feel its made your anxiety worse, switch to something else. Anti-psychotics are used off-label every day to treat nearly every psych issue under the sun including anxiety. I've never tried Abilify, but I'm on Seroquel and I've tried Seroquel IR, Seroquel XR, Zyprexa, Zyprexa Zydis, Geodon, Saphris, and Risperdal anti-psychotics. I think the Seroquel helps slightly for my anxiety, the rest never helped at all.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 4:37 pm

Meds are very unique to each person's chemistry. As mentioned, try something else. Unfortunately, depending on the dispensary you get our meds from, they may not have something else to prescribe.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 5:08 pm

Yes, I am aware that other meds are out there. I've discussed the problem with my psychiatrist... Abilify is, in me, used to treat something else (not anxiety). Mostly just curious what other people have experienced.

Friesland = a province in the Netherlands. Pronounced so that it rhymes the English word "free" (not "fry"). I live in the USA, but I have a Frisian surname and all-Dutch ancestry. Just a minor Aspie obsession of mine.