Page 6 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

undefineable
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 May 2007, 1:13 pm

Agreed; AS must develop in the womb. Doesn't lack of elaborate interpretation & screening-out of incoming stimuli (phew!) kind of sum up autism?

agentcyclosarin
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2007, 1:35 pm

undefineable wrote:
Agreed; AS must develop in the womb. Doesn't lack of elaborate interpretation & screening-out of incoming stimuli (phew!) kind of sum up autism?

With the extreme male brain theory in mind it could also be said perhaps one of the contributing factors to Autism development in the womb may be drug use that increases, causes or side-effects high testosterone levels through the body and therefore in very early stages effecting the development of the brain.

Its a consideration.

undefineable
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2007, 11:53 am

Yeah(?) It's just as well the testosterone falls away later though; otherwise we'd be total psychos!!

Celticess
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 May 2007, 1:45 pm

I didn't unlearn how I am nor do I ever intend to. I was different when small as all children are from their adult state they evolve to. I learned coping skills so I blend more now. I actually used to when small watch a fair bit of tv and learned how to react to somethings from that. I also was taught a few things by shrinks when growing up. I still have problems in groups and such but people seem to like my eccentricities.

BTW I did do the BarOn EQ so I know what my scores are in that and intra/inter personal does have issues. The other areas weren't bad.

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 2:06 am

Thanks but no thanks. Even though I never knew about AS until recently, I've built my life around being the weirdo. And I LOVE stocktaking! (two, four, six, eight, ten, twelve....sorry).

I'm hyper at the moment and high on caffine and I just had a complete overload so I'm kinda shaky and implusive and freaky at the moment.

I hate overloading. But it's part of who I am, too bad, I live.

nb411
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2007, 2:44 am

I got 61. YAY

aerofool
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Oct 2008, 6:59 pm

Kelsi wrote:
JCJC777,
Your theory is certainly interesting.

If you are correct, it would mean that NTs could all learn how to become Autistic. :wink:

That would be great but it's too late for them :roll:

JCJC777
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Aug 2015, 10:03 am

an old thread - any new thoughts out there? my view is unchanged from when I posted this.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2015, 3:39 pm

JCJC777 wrote:
an old thread - any new thoughts out there? my view is unchanged from when I posted this.

One can learn NT ways and mimic them. That will be harder and more tiring for some then others.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman