Page 2 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 9:12 pm

IMHO, nobody on earth "owns" anything, the lions' share of humanity either have brutally appropriated things for themselves or otherwise just borrowing things but not knowing of the true ownership, thinking things their own.

Idealist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Feb 2016, 9:15 pm

auntblabby wrote:
IMHO, nobody on earth "owns" anything, the lions' share of humanity either have brutally appropriated things for themselves or otherwise just borrowing things but not knowing of the true ownership, thinking things their own.

Good luck holding that opinion up in a court of law.

Idealist wrote:
My Autism was cured/treated in late childhood (this makes me a walking, talking, contradiction to 90% of the Forum who all believe Autism is incurable)

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 9:19 pm

Idealist wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Good luck holding that opinion up in a court of law.
Didn't work for Native Americans or other indigenous people's across the globe.

But, I do agree with the sentiment on a material level.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 9:23 pm

do agree our collective laws and monopoly money support that collective delusion. what a world.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 9:36 pm

auntblabby wrote:
your neighbor sounds like a no-good-nik to me. :|

Thank you.

I'm not especially sure of how to express myself, at times.

But, I wanted to say that these patterns are considered insightful, to NT people.

I feel that they've done most of the work, in embellishing the situation, and getting moody, until they are completely disoriented. They're the ones making the situation more interesting, with all their emotional energy. I feel like I'm saying something plain, and am told that it was amazing. They have never thought if it that way.

I have learned to do this, from a book, about mysteries of the mind. (It was mostly superstitious.) The author said that people can act differently, based on the cycle of the moon, weather, etc, and to deal with them accordingly. I guess this resonated with me, because I tend to be so systematic.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 9:44 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
....I feel that they've done most of the work, in embellishing the situation, and getting moody, until they are completely disoriented. They're the ones making the situation more interesting, with all their emotional energy....
For the most part, that really throws me. I have enough of a problem when people are acting normal. When they get emotional (especially moody or angry) and such, it overwhelms me....almost an assault...too much confusion, too quick.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 10:15 pm

friedmacguffins wrote:
....I feel that they've done most of the work, in embellishing the situation, and getting moody, until they are completely disoriented. They're the ones making the situation more interesting, with all their emotional energy....

zkydz wrote:
For the most part, that really throws me. I have enough of a problem when people are acting normal. When they get emotional (especially moody or angry) and such, it overwhelms me....almost an assault...too much confusion, too quick.

(Pardon me, if you see an extra response.)

Informally speaking, I feel that human beings have a more-passive, and a more-active frame of mind.

I believe that AS's tend toward a more-passive state, like the subconscious, which is prone to intuit patterns, have perfect recall, and abreact to disturbances.

I believe that NT's have invested a great deal of effort, in creating their own, artificial, mental construct, which we would tend to associate with the ego or conscious mind. I would frankly be surprised, if this could not be proven via brainwaves.

And, at least momentarily, I think they believe themselves.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 1:11 am

there have been people who were malicious to me for the reason that i am not socially inept or come off as a bit strange, but i dont know if they hated me...

I recall there was a boy in middle school who, rumour says, wanted to and i quote "punch me in the face" but i dont care..

If they do hate me for a reason what difference does it make? what significance is it that a person dislikes me?

I appreciate people that like and love me, because its easy to hate a person but it takes effort to put aside faults and love a person. People who hate me are irrelevant.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 1:12 am

Ted Geisel said "be who you are and say what you feel, because the people who matter won't mind, and the people who mind don't matter."

Kyle Katarn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 1:18 am

Aspies can be hated because of their traits.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Feb 2016, 2:54 am

I felt like people hated me for no reason but I think the reason they hated me was because my Aspergers & disabilities caused me to be different.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

alk123
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Feb 2016, 10:54 am

Yep, have experienced people's hatred for no apparent reason.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 4:06 pm

zkydz wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
I wish people didn't hate me. :cry:

for what it's worth to you, I don't hate you :flower:

Thank you, that means a lot to me. :)

Heck, you're better than me. Took me a while to realize auntblabby was being nice to me. And, I did the cowardly thing and PM'd him. Shoulda done it here....just took so long to understand it.

<---doofy day here.....

Don't say that, I am no better than anyone else.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 4:33 pm

Austinfrom1995 wrote:
zkydz wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Austinfrom1995 wrote:
I wish people didn't hate me. :cry:

for what it's worth to you, I don't hate you :flower:

Thank you, that means a lot to me. :)

Heck, you're better than me. Took me a while to realize auntblabby was being nice to me. And, I did the cowardly thing and PM'd him. Shoulda done it here....just took so long to understand it.

<---doofy day here.....

Don't say that, I am no better than anyone else.
That is a false equivalency. Everybody is better than somebody at something. You may not be the best, but you did get this faster than me. That made you better at this than me.

To say that everybody is equal is just not possible.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 4:45 pm

Nobody likes me...

I'm not sure anyone has ever hated me, just strongly disliked me enough to make my life miserable.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 4:50 pm

Yigeren wrote:
Nobody likes me...

I'm not sure anyone has ever hated me, just strongly disliked me enough to make my life miserable.

????? I think you're pretty spiffy....what gives?

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13