Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Carlos1994
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Mar 2016, 5:43 pm

Let me start off my saying I'm not on the Autism spectrum, but I was Google searching this question and ended up on this forum for a similar question, so I'm hoping you guys can be helpful anyhow. When I get extremely angry, more so threatened, I can't speak. I just get extremely tense and stare directly with whomever is threatening me. It feels almost like I'm afraid, due to stomach knots, but if it escalates I go hulk mode. I'm an Aries if that has any relevance to anybody. Couple of recent examples. The first happened today and sparked this question and my curiosity, a couple guys turned right on my green light and I honked and decided to reverse and say whatever and I just stared at him in fight or flight mode, my eye starting twitching too which isn't common but has happened before. They left so it didn't escalate. The other happens a few months ago, my gfs moms alcoholic boyfriend came over to our house and ended up saying a bunch of stuff to me talking trash, same thing, I just stood there closed fists staring directly at him, that is until he walked downstairs and tried screaming at my girlfriend and that's when I went unleashed screaming at him and charging at him while they were both in between me and him. Is it just lack of confidence that dissipates when I reach a certain level of anger, or is it just extreme built up anger and stress that causes my throat to swell and me to freeze?

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2016, 5:47 pm

I don't know but I get a very similar sort of thing. My stare is the stare of death. Even when I am not angry.

When I do get angry, I'm quick to seek confrontation and care nothing of the legal consequence, or potential ass-kicking I may receive. I typically avoid danger. But that reflex goes away when I get that mad.

My eyes also tear profusely, so much it appears as though I'm actively crying, tears rolling down my cheeks. But it's not sadness or fear, it's an adrenal response I get when anticipating a physical conflict.

What this means, I have no idea. Probably that we both have anger problems.