Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

random1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Mar 2016, 7:03 pm

were u accused for something you didnt do?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 7:08 pm

I think everyone here has been accused of something they didn't do.

GodzillaWoman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 7:51 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I think everyone here has been accused of something they didn't do.

I think our unusual body language tends to make people think we're up to no good. A lot of people think that lack of eye contact is a sign of a guilty conscience, and stimming a sign of nervousness. I suppose it IS a sign of nervousness, but not necessarily for the reason people think it is--it can be because we're being questioned or stared at, or we're fearful in the presence of an authority figure. It's scary when a teacher or policeman uses the Stern Loud Voice at us.

I'd need to know more about the situation to say if it is rudeness or simply NTs misreading how we act.

When I was little, my mom told me about how she had trouble with eye contact too. She went to a school with a lot of Native American girls in it. In their culture, respectful girls never look an elder in the face. They are supposed to look at the floor, in their culture. Unfortunately, the white teachers thought they were acting guilty and accused them of things. My mom saw that and forced herself to look people in the eye, and so did I, after hearing that story.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2016, 2:37 am

random1 wrote:
were u accused for something you didnt do?

I think everyone has at some point in their life. I know I have been accused for things I didn't do and I have even gotten into trouble for something another kid did and they would let me take the blame. There was only one boy who actually confessed so I guess he felt so bad he got me into trouble with his action and I was so upset about it. There was another incident when I was at track and we were throwing balls and there were these middle school students practicing their cheerleeding march and a boy from my class threw the ball and it went over the bleachers and landed where they were and it stopped their practice and they were all looking at me and giving me dirty looks and the boy even apologized and they still thought I did it because I was there and closest to them. I didn't have a consequence but I still felt bad I even got blamed for it. It was all an accident. I think those were the only two times when both kids spoke up about their wrong doing. One was intentional and the other was an accident. But neither of them meant for me to get the blame.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.