Was anyone else marked for consistency in report cards?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2016, 9:47 pm

When I was a kid there was a section on the report cards for consistency. I always got low marks for that. Probably because I had issues with attendance and I often put more effort into assignments that interested me. That only happened during primary school. For some reason I'm kind of scared it will reappear in university or community college. Especially during biology. I'll probably put more effort into writing about the eyes. I'm scared I'll get marks taken off for that.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2016, 9:52 pm

There's no such thing in college/university.

The only things they mark for are "class participation," how you follow the syllabus, tests, papers, and attendance.

Unfortunate_Aspie_
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2016, 10:41 pm

DevilKisses wrote:
When I was a kid there was a section on the report cards for consistency. I always got low marks for that. Probably because I had issues with attendance and I often put more effort into assignments that interested me. That only happened during primary school. For some reason I'm kind of scared it will reappear in university or community college. Especially during biology. I'll probably put more effort into writing about the eyes. I'm scared I'll get marks taken off for that.

No one cares if you are consistent in college. I got that a lot in school because I was always bored and day dreaming or in shut-down mode because I was perpetually overwhelmed. However, even in college when I was overwhelmed people just leave you be unless you are annoying them or a nuisance. You don't even have to show up regularly- which by the end, I wasn't and I still graduated soo...

Riik
Toucan
Toucan

08 Mar 2016, 4:52 am

I suppose my secondary school had effort grades.

I sometimes got "variable" because of difficulties with group work and fear of working with the other members of the class because half of them found me creepy and disturbing and the other half bullied me all the time.

A life without tea is a life not worth living.
Latest Aspie Quiz: AS - 151, NT - 38 / RAADS-R: 195 / AQ: 38

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2016, 6:01 am

We had all sorts of extra marks on our report cards in elementary school. And I always had several checkmarks for bad behavior. I don't even remember what they were for exactly, but I always had several. And then straight A's at the same time.

But I don't think there was anything about consistency.

At college they care about the quality of the work and whether it's turned in on time. Some professors really care about attendance, and some don't care at all. Some really care about class participation and give points for it, while others don't bother. But I've never had a single professor grade on consistency.