Highly sensitive person and possible autism

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Laughtrack
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Mar 2016, 12:32 am

For most of my life I was unaware that I was a highly sensitive person. The reason for this is deeply personal and only a few people know how this happened. I was not born with autism and I don't know what I have but I have been told that I have a condition similar to autism but I was never given a precise diagnosis. All I know is that it's something similar to autism and that it started when I was 19 years old. At the time I was diagnosed with autism and bipolar disorder. At the time I did not know I was a highly sensitive person and my emotionals had just begun to be expressed. During my life I have felt the full effect of my uninhibited emotions a few times. I was told when you have bi polar disorder and Austism that makes you very sensitive. As a result of being a highly sensitive person I feel pain to an extreme and also joy. For most of my life for the most part I have been in control of my emotions not the other way around so it has been interesting to say the least. I also have schizophrenia which in a chemical inbalance in the brain. So I'm an hsp have something similar to autism and schizophrenic lucky me right. I'm not saying that it's all bad there are good things to being able to feel emotion more. About two years ago I was put on a medications for my schizophrenia a high dose and the result was that I was unable to read write think and with time use my body as I used to and also use my brain. Luckily this got better but only for a short period of time. It happened when things started turning around and I was happier. Right now things have gotten better but there is still a ways to go. When I was first diagnosed with autism I was told to ignore several things such as rock and pop music basically anything that popped. I was also told to not eat large quantities of food and do other things. I'm leaving a lot of parts off because they are either personal or would take even longer to read. My question is. Is there anything I should know about my conditions or someone with autism with bi polar disorder. The person that first told me I was autistic didn't give me all of the information that I needed and still do. I'm here because I cant use my mind the way I used to and is challenging to seek help.