Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

rubberwood
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Apr 2016, 12:47 pm

Hi, I just recently found out that my mother has high functioning autism, I always thought I got it from my father who is a highly intelligent and accomplished asperger. I am curious to know that how many of you have both parents on the spectrum? By having both parents on the spectrum, does it make us more autistic than others who have only one parent on the spectrum?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 1:46 pm

My dad only has inappropriate social skills so he says things that are not appropriate and he doesn't get it or understand why someone is offended and he doesn't seem to get feelings so he will say things like women are worthless and blame my mom's emotions on her hormones and stuff. That is about the only symptom I notice. But he also has ADHD.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 4:41 pm

My mother, for the first time, at age 81, stated that she might have "a touch of Aspergers."

Otherwise, no autism in my family.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 5:00 pm

Dad was bipolar and alcoholic. Mom was normal.

Brothers were delinquents. Sisters stayed in school, stayed out of trouble, married well, and have nice jobs.

Kids all went to college, stayed out of trouble, married well, and have nice jobs.

I'm the only one who is "screwed up" in some way.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 8:12 pm

My mom has undiagnosed Asperger's. My dad was a full blown NT. :)

Unfortunate_Aspie_
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 8:40 pm

RoadRatt wrote:
My mom has undiagnosed Asperger's. My dad was a full blown NT. :)

Haha, "fullblown NT" <- my mom has that too!
My dad however.... I feel for him, but he also happens to be a pretty terrible person.
He's autistic, and never learned (still doesn't/hasn't) lots of basic basic social stuff.
Like the other day he said to a relative "You look so much fatter than last time" out loud in front of everyone, and even I was like: "You don't say that sort of thing in front of others."
and he acted like a whiny child and called her a b***h when she got angry. I can't stand when he can't acknowledge that he has hurt someone else's feelings- lots of s**t I don't understand, but if someone clearly tells you, now I didn't appreciate that and you have hurt my feelings, it just takes NOT BEING AN as*hole; to say "oh gee whiz, I don't understand jackshit about why-but hey, I didn't mean to, apologies."
not. that. hard, and even after telling him this he didn't care.
I mean, but we don't quite get along either so.. what can ya do.