why do certain sounds give me the chills?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

random1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Joined: 2 Feb 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 363

20 Apr 2016, 5:12 pm

like a scratchy noise on a wall makes me feel tingle alot.

this also happens with other noises to.

is this some type of texture or sensory issue?

do you get these feelings as well?


_________________
diagnosed with autistic disorder.


seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Sep 2015
Age: 26
Posts: 1,380
Location: underwater

20 Apr 2016, 5:31 pm

the "nails on chalkboard" effect is something i think most people on the planet can't stand.

my sensory sensitivity to sound is very high and oftentimes intrusive sounds do provoke a physical response; chills, cringes, and short, sharp pains in my head or behind my eyes. also, overwhelming noises like airplanes overhead, heavy construction work, or even insanely loud music can sometimes make me cry, but i find that my eyes will fill with tears before and regardless if i get the urge to mentally cry, if that makes sense.

can you describe other noises that give you the chills?



random1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Joined: 2 Feb 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 363

20 Apr 2016, 5:39 pm

seaweed wrote:
the "nails on chalkboard" effect is something i think most people on the planet can't stand.

my sensory sensitivity to sound is very high and oftentimes intrusive sounds do provoke a physical response; chills, cringes, and short, sharp pains in my head or behind my eyes. also, overwhelming noises like airplanes overhead, heavy construction work, or even insanely loud music can sometimes make me cry, but i find that my eyes will fill with tears before and regardless if i get the urge to mentally cry, if that makes sense.

can you describe other noises that give you the chills?

rakes, the sounds of leafs i think, cant remember rest.


_________________
diagnosed with autistic disorder.


seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Sep 2015
Age: 26
Posts: 1,380
Location: underwater

20 Apr 2016, 5:44 pm

random1 wrote:
rakes, the sounds of leafs i think, cant remember rest.



dry and scrapey D:



random1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Joined: 2 Feb 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 363

20 Apr 2016, 5:49 pm

seaweed wrote:
random1 wrote:
rakes, the sounds of leafs i think, cant remember rest.



dry and scrapey D:

kinda off topic but is gagging easily a sensory issue.

even when something is on my tongue i gag.


_________________
diagnosed with autistic disorder.


seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Sep 2015
Age: 26
Posts: 1,380
Location: underwater

20 Apr 2016, 5:56 pm

random1 wrote:
seaweed wrote:
random1 wrote:
rakes, the sounds of leafs i think, cant remember rest.



dry and scrapey D:

kinda off topic but is gagging easily a sensory issue.

even when something is on my tongue i gag.


i'm not sure. i gag when i'm brushing my teeth.



SirMiles
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Joined: 8 Apr 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 51

20 Apr 2016, 7:31 pm

Repetitive noises infuriate me... high frequencies make me cringe something horrible. Certain sounds give me the chills because I associate them with visual things.


_________________
Diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 160 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 61 of 200