Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Rundownshoe14
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 May 2016, 4:51 am

I'm sure I have aspergers but I want a second opinion.
Gonna go on the symptoms and the reader,yes you,may leave an opinion based on these facts.
DISCLAIMER:Asperger affects everyone differently

•Monotone voice
I've had a monotone voice for a long time,just recently I've learned to add some emotion but it's exhausting so I avoid it.Been called robot several times.

•Sarcasm
I can understand it pretty well because of my savior Google,still flies over my head (friend point it out)

•Lack of innate social skills
Keyword innate,learned some basic social skills but it feels like I'm pretending to be someone else.

•Routine
Can't be disturbed without warning before hand so I can change my planame accordingly,failure to comply and I'll be upset.

•Obsessions and strong interests
Every week or two my obsession changes,one week it might be literature while the other science.The interests are very strong and if I can't pursue them I also get very upset.

-Tonal recognition
Only emotions I can recognize are joy and anger because of movies and then I sometimes fail.

•Pattern recognition
Ability to recognize patterns efficiently because of way of thinking.Useful in subjects like math.

•Analitycal thinking
This reddit post:
"WTF, why would he/she say that when the answer is plain to see... Why is he talking about that.... Where is this conversation supposed to be going.... What is their angle..... How is this person able to keep spouting words which basically don't mean anything..... Why are they doing this....... That's a fake laugh...... That one over there isn't being sincere...... He misused that word..... no, don't correct him because it's considered rude...... No, please don't lean on me, I don't know you well enough for body contact, oh geez, they're doing it anyway..... Auuuuugh... must find exit to conversation without being rude...... cd /socialscripts/adaptive_mechanisms/excuses run politeexcusesforleaving.exe...... running batch scripts..... process complete..... exit"

•Lack of empathy
This is why I'm the one who always resolves conflict;I'm emotionally detached from both sides.
•Sensory Overload:
Ears are sensitive,be in a loud room I get overloaded and instinctively cover my ears.

I had a more descriptive post but I hit submit and it deleted.
While I'm here:
¿Why is it hard to diagnose autism in adults or teenagers?

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 7:17 am

We here aren't qualified to diagnose someone, let alone over the internet; Ask your local doctor for a formal diagnosis

Diagnosing (young) adults is hard becouse we typically have developed coping mechanisms that reduce the effects of our triggers and which mask our autistic traits. These often become so ingrained that it is hard to 'turn them off' for an evaluation.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 8:03 am

He is 13 years old, according to his profile

If he could get his parents to encourage his school to assess him, that might do the trick.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 8:23 am

My doctor told me I am autistic.
I told him I wanted a second opinion.
He said, "ok you're ugly too" (rimshot)

Anyways, has any doctor. teacher or family member ever picked up on the stuff you are describing?

Last edited by EzraS on 18 May 2016, 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zincubus
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 8:24 am

Rundownshoe14 wrote:
I'm sure I have aspergers but I want a second opinion.
Gonna go on the symptoms and the reader,yes you,may leave an opinion based on these facts.
DISCLAIMER:Asperger affects everyone differently

•Monotone voice
I've had a monotone voice for a long time,just recently I've learned to add some emotion but it's exhausting so I avoid it.Been called robot several times.

•Sarcasm
I can understand it pretty well because of my savior Google,still flies over my head (friend point it out)

•Lack of innate social skills
Keyword innate,learned some basic social skills but it feels like I'm pretending to be someone else.

•Routine
Can't be disturbed without warning before hand so I can change my planame accordingly,failure to comply and I'll be upset.

•Obsessions and strong interests
Every week or two my obsession changes,one week it might be literature while the other science.The interests are very strong and if I can't pursue them I also get very upset.

-Tonal recognition
Only emotions I can recognize are joy and anger because of movies and then I sometimes fail.

•Pattern recognition
Ability to recognize patterns efficiently because of way of thinking.Useful in subjects like math.

•Analitycal thinking
This reddit post:
"WTF, why would he/she say that when the answer is plain to see... Why is he talking about that.... Where is this conversation supposed to be going.... What is their angle..... How is this person able to keep spouting words which basically don't mean anything..... Why are they doing this....... That's a fake laugh...... That one over there isn't being sincere...... He misused that word..... no, don't correct him because it's considered rude...... No, please don't lean on me, I don't know you well enough for body contact, oh geez, they're doing it anyway..... Auuuuugh... must find exit to conversation without being rude...... cd /socialscripts/adaptive_mechanisms/excuses run politeexcusesforleaving.exe...... running batch scripts..... process complete..... exit"

•Lack of empathy
This is why I'm the one who always resolves conflict;I'm emotionally detached from both sides.
•Sensory Overload:
Ears are sensitive,be in a loud room I get overloaded and instinctively cover my ears.

I had a more descriptive post but I hit submit and it deleted.
While I'm here:
¿Why is it hard to diagnose autism in adults or teenagers?

Well as already mentioned there is no way anyone here can 'diagnose' you as Aspergers BUT from what you've written I'd say it is 'promising' :)

That said I see Aspergers as a 'gift' and I enjoy being different , seeing things differently , noticing things others don't notice ... .. The bad things I just have to tolerate ....

Why not do some online Asperger tests , they're free ..... Some can take 10 minutes , some 30 , some longer .

If they all suggest that you're likely or extremely likely to be Aspergers then ........

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 8:32 am

If he could obtain an official diagnosis, that might help him when it comes to things like academic accommodations.

Of course, in the US, there is no more "Asperger's." Relatively "high-functioning" people on the Spectrum are usually diagnosed with "Autism Spectrum Disorder, Level One."

Rundownshoe14
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 May 2016, 8:34 am

Ok, I've taken those tests before scored high autism/aspergers on various tests and I really just wanted a second opinion,so thanks for helping anyways even if your not allowed to diagnose someone.I don't want to go to the doctor since I'm doing fine in school and everything else in my life.Thanks to you guys anyways.

(Edit)Fixed a gnarly grammar mistake.

Last edited by Rundownshoe14 on 18 May 2016, 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zincubus
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 8:40 am

Rundownshoe14 wrote:
Ok, I've taken those tests before scored high autism/aspergers on various tests and I really just wanted a second opinion,so thanks for helping anyways even if your not allowed to diagnose someone.I don't want to go to the doctor since I'm doing fine in school and everything else in my life.Thankschool to you guys anyways.

It sounds like you're a pretty grounded individual especially given your very young age .

I'd do as much reading up on the subject and check out ( plus join in ) the threads in WrongPlanet .

It will all help you understand why you are how you are ... if that make sense !?

Rundownshoe14
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 May 2016, 11:29 am

I know so much because one of my obsessions was this topic and it has lasted around 3 weeks.Still that's good advice and will continue doing further research.
I love being informed on a subject.

(Edit)Thanks for commenting that I'm a grounded individual,learned something new today. (^_^)