This kid gets it...why don't other people?

Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 8:29 am

http://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2016/0 ... -vstan.cnn

I just saw this. I thought it was going to be some kid saying the same old tropes that are the mantra for people looking for something to blame or easy answers. I was ready to tear into this. Boy, oh boy.......

Fortunately, I do watch things before I shred into them. I am glad I did.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 8:34 am

I am not able to see it. What does he say?

Wreck It Ralph

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 8:40 am

Really? It's on CNN...

But, the upshot is that he basically trashed the 'vaccines cause autism' in the way that only a kid could have done so. It is brilliant.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 9:10 am

Oh that is cool. I will have to see if I can find it on Youtube. I have to turn on each script on my laptop manually and right now it's not working correctly so I can't access some sites at the moment.

Wreck It Ralph

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 9:16 am

skibum wrote:
Oh that is cool. I will have to see if I can find it on Youtube. I have to turn on each script on my laptop manually and right now it's not working correctly so I can't access some sites at the moment.
It is on facebook. Racked up 4 million views so far.

Wonder how many thought like I did just to be so pleasantly surprised. Or, if they were looking for validation, not pleasantly surprised.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 9:33 am

To me, it's very simple.

If vaccines caused autism, there would have been a SPIKE in autism cases during the Polio Mania of the 1950s-early 1960s.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 9:33 am

Here are other sources:

https://www.facebook.com/Marco-Arturo-224110424640151/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/you ... cf7ad54eda

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishmaeldaro/ma ... .ddPVjOZ7A

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 9:34 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
To me, it's very simple.

If vaccines caused autism, there would have been a SPIKE in autism cases during the Polio Mania of the 1950s-early 1960s.
No, no...NO!! LOL

Kraftie,....you are using common sense!! You can't do that anymore!! ! LOL

To actually carry that onward from your thoughts though....why was there Autism before Vaccines period?

Like I said, you are using common sense.....you common sense person, you.....LOL

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 9:39 am

Oh...Youtube!!

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 9:40 am

Thanks for the sources. I will have to look. I should be able to see the youtube. I will check it out. Thanks!

Oh no, here's more common sense, EEEEEKKKK. If vaccines were the cause of Autism, how is it that there is evidence of Autistic people way before the first vaccine was ever invented? 8O

Wreck It Ralph

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 9:42 am

There have been actual vaccines since the 1790s, with Jenner's discovery of the Smallpox vaccine. I'll have to do research. But I believe the DPT vaccine came out quite a few years before the Polio vaccine.

But the Polio vaccine really accelerated the push for vaccines for all sorts of diseases.

The Measles vaccine came out in 1963--no increase in autism incidence.

The Mumps vaccine came out in 1968--no increase in autism incidence.

All sorts of vaccines came out since 1968--no increase in autism incidence.

No increase in autism incidence--until the "discovery" of Asperger's in 1994.

The Autism Epidemic, to me, was "caused" by a great broadening of the definition of autism after the DSM IV came out.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 9:45 am

CUTE!! He is adorable. Very funny. Thank you for posting that.

I do wonder though, how everyone is put in danger when some kids are not vaccinated. The diseases are still around and we are still able to get them and really they kind of always have been. If they were truly gone, we would no longer have to vaccinate to protect against them. If you don't vaccinate your child the child is at risk. But if you do vaccinate, than you protect the child from getting the disease, the whole point of vaccinations. So how is every child at risk if you choose not to vaccinate yours? Aren't the only ones at risk the ones who are not vaccinated? That is my logical understanding.

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 9:49 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
There have been actual vaccines since the 1790s, with Jenner's discovery of the Smallpox vaccine. I'll have to do research. But I believe the DPT vaccine came out quite a few years before the Polio vaccine.

But the Polio vaccine really accelerated the push for vaccines for all sorts of diseases.

The Measles vaccine came out in 1963--no increase in autism incidence.

The Mumps vaccine came out in 1968--no increase in autism incidence.

All sorts of vaccines came out since 1968--no increase in autism incidence.

No increase in autism incidence--until the "discovery" of Asperger's in 1994.

The Autism Epidemic, to me, was "caused" by a great broadening of the definition of autism after the DSM IV came out.
And I do believe that we have historical evidence of people we believe were Autistic before the 1790's.

Wreck It Ralph

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 9:56 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
.....The Autism Epidemic, to me, was "caused" by a great broadening of the definition of autism after the DSM IV came out.
There you go again...using that old common sense. ;)

As for other people getting hurt because of other people not getting their kids vaccinated have led to huge outbreaks of all sorts of things I hadn't heard of in years....

You know...those silly things like measles, mumps and other stupid things.

There is a lot of information about how the non vaccinated people are actually causing more harm because of this silly belief.

And, the anti-vaxxers will just keep on keeping on....

Just like the 'flat earthers'

Just like the people who believe the space programs are faked.

Just like any other gazillions of conspiracy theories. People refuse to accept good science because it will not fit their easy narrative.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 9:57 am

skibum wrote:
...If you don't vaccinate your child the child is at risk. But if you do vaccinate, than you protect the child from getting the disease, the whole point of vaccinations. So how is every child at risk if you choose not to vaccinate yours? Aren't the only ones at risk the ones who are not vaccinated? That is my logical understanding.
Here is a search result that you can go through. I'll screw up the science explanations, so, here are a lot of sources.
https://www.google.com/search?q=anti+va ... 8&oe=utf-8

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2016, 10:13 am

Thanks for posting those articles. I read some of them and now I see that the danger lies with people that are too young to receive certain vaccinations and it puts them at risk if someone brings the disease in and they are exposed to it. But other than those who legitimately cannot get the vaccine yet because of their age or other circumstance like an allergy or something, I think that if you choose not to vaccinate and you or your child get infected than that is on you. But I do agree that we should do everything we can to protect as many as possible and that includes those who are legitimately not able to receive the vaccinations because they are too young or whatever. I agree that vaccinations are a good thing. But if people choose not to, they can only blame themselves if they get the disease.

I am reminded of a documentary where I saw this story. This is not exactly what we are talking about but I thought of it so here it is. There is a super sad story about a man in the Philippines. Rabies is a major issue in the Philippines and this one man was playing with his dog when the dog accidentally bit him. He was saving money to get married and so he decided not to get the rabies vaccine after the dog bit him because he thought it would cost too much and he would there fore not be able to afford his wedding. Sadly, a couple of months later, he was dead. And what made this story even more sad is that in the Philippines the Rabies vaccine is free to anyone who needs it. Had he gotten it right away he would have been fine.

Wreck It Ralph

Last edited by skibum on 01 Jun 2016, 10:20 am, edited 3 times in total.