It's Autism related. Couldn't think of anything better.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

EnmaLionheart
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jun 2016, 8:51 pm

I've never been this heated about Facebook posts until this one showed up: https://www.facebook.com/mike.steele.1914/posts/10208422133405872?pnref=story

Black people need to be educated on Autism and the forms. The ignorance is high as f--k with hitting their children. I mean pacifier is one thing but using force isn't always the answer to deal with Autism. I know black people were raised on being discipline by force but now it doesn't work at all that's something you don't do with Autistic children. I feel like if they had children they're the first ones to never do anything about it but keep their female black NT ways of ignorance. I feel like messaging the person about this and see if he could get a topic on Autism and the forms of it and try to get started on educating the black community who have limited education on it and maybe start something. I see he is acknowledging it but the comments for it with the force makes me wish that the black communities with limited education on Autism and the forms. I seriously never felt this pissed off before, but what do you guys think?

*goes back on phone thinking of first cosplay ideas*

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 8:59 pm

For many ethnic communities, lack of understanding often leads to discrimination - or even violence - against the disabled. White communities are not at all immune from expressing ignorance in painful ways.

I remember being dragged out of my favorite "safety corner" and getting smacked across the face for crying. "I'll give you something to cry about!" was all I heard before the slap.

But that was 50 years ago. Amazing how clearly some memories stay with you ...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 9:01 pm

It wouldn't hurt to try. What can go wrong?