I'm Having Trouble Posting Something (SOLVED)

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

TimmyTurnerFan1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2020, 5:21 pm

I've been trying to post a topic on here but I keep getting an Error message

"General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x98\x9E I...' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists."

First I tried it on my phone and then I tried it on my computer and it still won't post.

What is wrong?

Last edited by TimmyTurnerFan1 on 12 Oct 2020, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TimmyTurnerFan1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2020, 5:26 pm

Okay this message went through but another one I'm trying to post isn't.

First it made me do a "I'm Not A Human" type of thing and asked me to find pictures of a certain object and when I did that's when I got the error message, but when I posted this topic, starting with the parent topic, I just hit submit and in a flash it worked!

A message I'm trying to post is copied and pasted from another website I also posted the topic on. Maybe I need to erase some parts in order to post it, like emojis that I posted that are not included in Wrong Planet. I'll try that.

TimmyTurnerFan1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2020, 5:33 pm

NEVER MIND everyone, I solved the problem. I couldn't post because of the foreign emoticons/smilies I used that were not provided on WP. The emoticons were from my mobile device, the ones you use in Text Messages.

It was this topic I was trying to post viewtopic.php?f=10&t=391375

Lesson: Don't post topics with outside emoticons or the post will not be posted. Kind of like how some restaurants prohibit bringing in outside food!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2020, 5:35 pm

I had to learn "American talk" to do them as it asked me to find all the crosswalks. I was like "What's a crosswalk?" :P

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2020, 6:18 pm

I've found that you don't need to select the correct boxes to pass, because whether you do or not you will still end up with the "bad request" error page and have to go back to resubmit your post. So I don't look at the pictures any more, I just select 3 random boxes (6 altogether) and go from there.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2020, 9:01 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I've found that you don't need to select the correct boxes to pass, because whether you do or not you will still end up with the "bad request" error page and have to go back to resubmit your post. So I don't look at the pictures any more, I just select 3 random boxes (6 altogether) and go from there.

From there click back until you get back to the posting form and you should get your post back.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2020, 9:17 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

From there click back until you get back to the posting form and you should get your post back.

Yes that's what I do, then I submit again and it works.
But what I'm saying is you don't need to select the correct boxes in the CAPTCHA pictures. Just select 3 random boxes and see what I mean. :wink:

TimmyTurnerFan1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Oct 2020, 5:57 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
I had to learn "American talk" to do them as it asked me to find all the crosswalks. I was like "What's a crosswalk?" :P

Are they called "zebra crossings," or something like that where you're from?

I've lived in Germany as a kid (my stepdad was in the military) but am from America and learned some or much of the English is British, such as elevator being "lift," or railroad crossing, my favorite subject, being "level crossing." And words though spelled the same in American English are pronounced differently (tomato as to mah toe, potato as po tah toe, the I in Vitiman is a short vowel, etc.) and words pronounced the same spelled differently (centre instead of center, colour instead of just color, neighbour instead of just neighbor, etc.)

My point is I now understand British English is different from American English and I've had some exposure to it though I've never been to the U.K., was supposed to but they didn't have a school for me, so I ended up in Germany.

But getting back on subject, well the one you brought up, what are/were crosswalks called where you're from? I knew what a crosswalk was but what I didn't know about them till I was 13 was they're called "Pedestrian Crossings." Pedestrian was a new word when I was 13, which was when I left Germany! :D

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2020, 6:13 pm

There are several different types all generally known as pedestrian crossings. Pelican crossings, zebra crossings, toucan crossings. There are others. Most people just know the names of zebra and pelican crossings even though without knowing it they are using other types.

TimmyTurnerFan1
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2020, 1:48 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
There are several different types all generally known as pedestrian crossings. Pelican crossings, zebra crossings, toucan crossings. There are others. Most people just know the names of zebra and pelican crossings even though without knowing it they are using other types.

We have Toucan and Pelican crossings in Tucson. We also have what are called HAWK crossings, crosswalks that have this signal

Well, the real lights flash faster than the one in the illustration I just showed you. I made and animated the signal myself but I should have set to to 0.7 seconds instead of just one full second!

This is a website that talks about the crosswalks we use in Tucson, at least the signalized ones https://www.tucsonaz.gov/tdot/bicycle-p ... -crossings. My personal favorite is the HAWK! The HAWK type signals are also used at Fire Stations and come with strobe lights (plan to make one of those too some day!)